Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Configuration of KIMT migration tool
  •  
philipp_hauser

Send a private message to this user
Hi there,

i am currently migrating a Mailserver from AVM KEN 4 to Kerio 8.2.
Therefore i found the tool KIMT, but i need to do some changes to the migration process:

The tool lets me specify the usernames and passwords in a csv file, for example:

user<_at_>domain.com;Password;Full Name

and tries to log in on the source server as "user<_at_>domain.com".
Unfortunately the usernames to authenticate on the KEN server are not the same as the corresponding email addresses.

What i need, is a way to specify the username on the source server independent from the email address.
Is there a way to accomplish that?

•  
Pavel Špalek (Kerio)

Unfortunately this is not possible.
Possible workaround: you can use username instead of e-mail address in the .csv file and then corresponding mailboxes will be created in Connect (named by username, not the e-mail address). Then manually add e-mail addresses to the mailboxes.

Pavel Špalek
developer - Kerio Connect
  •  
philipp_hauser

Thanks for the quick reply!

I tried your suggestion and added the correct email address manually.
But how do i get rid of the old email address, which Kerio created while setting up the account? In the admin interface it is impossible to delete the primary email address.
  •  
Pavel Špalek (Kerio)

Primary address cannot be deleted (it is mailbox unique name). But it doesn't consume license and shouldn't cause any problem.

Pavel Špalek
developer - Kerio Connect
Previous Topic: Two mailboxes in two domains, that can be opened in Microsoft Outlook?
Next Topic: Forwarding email with EML attachments
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Aug 23 21:34:23 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00449 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.