Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Manually update Spamassassin core rules (Manually updating the Spamassassin core rules)
  •  
yois

Send a private message to this user
Currently using Kerio Connect 8.2.2.

I've been having problems with spam using Kerio for some time now. I discovered this post:

(I cant post links yet, add the slashes yourself)
http forums.kerio.com/t/25319

and using the posted zlocal.cf file greatly helped me. But I wonder - the rule set contained out of the box for 8.2.2 is from mid 2011 - that's almost 3 years old! There are alot of new spam variants (Obamacare is a really big spam topic for us) that probably weren't around in 2011.

Since there's no sa-update included with KC, can I copy the rule sets (either the 3.003001 directory or the actual cf files) into the rule folder to update Spamassassin?

One other thing. I'm getting hit with a lot of bayes poisoning spam, particularly with tiny-font HTML or invisible text at the top or bottom of the message. Why isn't this detected?
  •  
MarkK

Did you ever try this? I copied over the 3.4 SA .cf rule files only, disabled my zlocal.cf file, and restarted the server. Now I'll watch my server and the spam that flows in (which shouldn't take too long).
  •  
MarkK

It has been about a week now. I feel that the default scoring with the updated rules is better than the SA 3.3 rules were. In my new zlocal.cf file, I actually only have 15 changes to the default rule scorings, both increasing some of the scores and reducing few due to the industry that I am in and the nature of the emails that could cause them to look like spam but aren't in my industry.

Another major help is writing my own additional rules to match text within the emails and headers. That is message http://forums.kerio.com/m/114288/#msg_114288
Previous Topic: Full Text Search rebuilding on it's own
Next Topic: Optional Attendees not possible?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Aug 21 12:15:58 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00387 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.