Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Migrating from 32 to 64-bit version (Necessary steps to migrate from 32 to 64-bit app)
  •  
Reinaldo

Send a private message to this user
Hi,
We are running KC 8.2.2 and want to know:
1) Is there any advantage in migrating from 32 to 64-bit app? Our server is Windows 64-bit version and running KC 32-bit app
2) What is the procedure to accomplish this migration successfully?
Thanks,
Reinaldo
  •  
Reinaldo

Hey guys, I have a customer interested in doing this.
Kerio, can you provide a fast answer here?
Thanks.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

You can contact Kerio via technical support or through any of Kerio partners.

Anyway, 64-bit it two times better Smile Just kidding. 64-bit version is useful only if you have 50+ users and more than 4GB of RAM on your server. If this is the case, go for it.

Upgrade is extremely easy. Simply install new 64-bit upgrade over previous 32-bit version. If you want to re-install the version, uninstall 32-bit and install 64-bit instead.
  •  
forum69

Hello,

We are running KC 8.1.3 32-bits app on a linux RHEL5 32-bit box.

The /opt/kerio is mounted over NFS.

We plan to migrate to KC 9.0 64-bit app on a RHEL 7 64-bit box.

I read the KB 1844.html, but I would like some advices, because there is a double migration process :

1/ linux 32-bit box to the linux 64-bit box
2/ kerio 32-bit app to the kerio 64-bit app

step 1 /

Is-it possible to install the kerio 8.1.3 32-bit app on the linux 64-bits box (perhaps with the add of some i586 dependancies)
then moving the /opt/kerio from linux RHEL5 32-bit box to the new RHEL 7 64-bit box

step 2/

update the 32-bits app to the 64-bits app using rpm -Uvh kerio 8.1.3 x64 on the new 64-bits linux box

step 3/

then upgrade to the kerio 9.x 64-bits app on the new 64-bits linux box

Do you think this process is correct ?

thank for your advice,
  •  
Bud Durland

What method are you going to use to migrate the message store? If you are using the Kerio COnnect backup & KMSRecover, you can probably get away with installing v9.0 64 bit app on the new box and migrating directly to it.
  •  
forum69

To migrate the message store, we will change the NFS mapping from the old server to the new one (the mailserver directory is stored on a NFS Netapp volume).
  •  
lbard

Hello,

I wish known how migrate kerio connect 8.2.4 32bits installed on debian to kerio connect 9 64 bits on virtual appliance please ?

Is it possible simply copy the store, config files (mailserver.cfg, user.cfg, cluster.cfg) and folders (ldapmap, lience, sslcert) ?

Thank you
  •  
Bud Durland

Since it's not an OS change, you can shut the old server down and copy the files. You may need to edit the mailserver.cfg file if you are using different mount points for the mail store, archiving, etc.

It may be easier to use the procedure documented here: http://kb.kerio.com/360.
  •  
lbard

Hello Bud,

Thank you for your reply, i verified the procedure this morning and it work fine.
I had tried it before but i had forgotten settings folder and i had done a mistake on the name of store.

Bye

Previous Topic: Skype for Business (With Kerio Connect + Outlook)
Next Topic: wrong last login
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Oct 19 22:07:05 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00438 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.