Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » How to use Hosting Company's IP Address instead of your local ip (How to use Hosting Company's IP Address instead of your local ip)
  •  
sheshman

Send a private message to this user
Hello Everyone,

I'm trying the Kerio Connect Linux (Downloaded the latest trial), so first of all it's really amazing application which really good alternate to Exchange, cheers to all developers and testers.

Seems like everything working perfectly but i've an problem about ip addresses. When i configure to Kerio for sending the mails as "Deliver directly using DNS MX records" almost all mails return back as "BLACKLIST ERROR" when i check our current ip address on blacklist databases i realised our ip llisted in almost all of it. I'm using ADSL connection with dynamic ip address,i restarted the modem so many times but almost every ip address returned as blacklist. I talked with ISP and they said those ip addresses is using for customers and they can not provide an clear ip address.

But our hosting company's ip address as clear all the time, basicly kerio is connecting to my Hosting company's server and sending the mail with defined username and password, than why it's shows like sended by my own ADSL ip address ? How i can use hosting company's ip address instead of my ADSL ip ?

I also tryed to use "use Relay SMTP server" but than the problem is i've 2 different account
1-) ahmet.kural<_at_>abc.com
2-) murat.cemcir<_at_>abc.com

Setings for Relay SMTP server is like below;

Relay Hostname : mail.abc.com
Relay Server Port : 587
Requires Authentication : Yes
user name : ahmet.kural<_at_>abc.com
password : xxxxx

with this settings when i send an e-mail from ahmet.kural@abc.com account kerio sends the e-mail, but when i try to use murat.cemcir<_at_>abc.com system says authorization error. I think because of the account information or something.

So that is my problem, simply i'm trying to use hosting company's ip address, instead of my ADSL ip, is it possible ? if it is how can i do it ?

Thanks in advance and sorry for bad english.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

You need to use SMTP relay then and choose one of the user accounts from your ISP for authentication.

Similar issue is discussed here: http://forums.kerio.com/t/26394//
  •  
sheshman

Hi Pavel,

Thanks for your reply, as i understand from that topic i should use like at Outlook as incoming server : 192.168.2.200 (kerio installed pc) and for outgoing server mail.abc.com(hosting company's server DNS), it works but it seems like doesn't make any sense, if i need to use hosting's server as outgoing why should i use kerio.

As i explained in my first message i allready tryed the relay server but it only works for one username only. I was wondering is there any chance to change mail headers or something like that to avoid this problem ?
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Hm. It seems that your ISP is not allowing to use another sender address when sending email as an authenticated user.
If he cannot change this policy or provide you a clean IP address (for direct MX delivery) then the only option is to use SMTP for each user in their client as you've described or try to find another ISP.
  •  
tcdahl

You might also look into using a paid SMTP relay. There are a number of them out there like TZO, DYN, etc
  •  
sheshman

Thanks for your all replys, i contacted with hosting and they changed the our hosting server's configuration and now works perfectly.
Previous Topic: Mobil Devices Restrict Adding unless Authorized by IT
Next Topic: QuickBooks Email 2010 & 2014
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 20:49:59 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00470 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.