Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Dialing PBX services starting with *
  •  
hunter19

Send a private message to this user
We are unable to dial PBX services that start with *, for example *8 is call pickup. None of our users can perform call pickup.

On our previous system we used *123 for the current time, and if we change the 'current time' service to use this short code, our users cannot access it.

All the phones are Polycom (430 or 450 and a few 670s).

I have checked our call permission groups, and they do not appear to be blocking this.

I suspect this may be caused by the dial plan - but I'm not sure how to resolve it.

Does anyone have any useful information to overcome this problem?

Thanks

[Updated on: Thu, 09 January 2014 16:58]

•  
hunter19

Think I may have solved this one...

Adding |*xxx to the dialplan string on the Polycom phone seems to fix it.

I need to change this on all Polycom phones, can it be done from the provisioning template files? I am running Operator 2.1.4 build 2026
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

The dialplan for Polycom has been fixed in Operator 2.2, please upgrade.
  •  
hunter19

•  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

I see, it is planned for next week or the week after.
  •  
hunter19

Hi Filip

I upgraded to 2.2.2 last week, but having continued problems with dial plan.

Polycom phones on firmware 3.2.7 (selected as 'Polycom firmware < 3.3.0' in phone provisioning) still cannot dial anything prefixed with *.

Newer Polycom phones on firmware above 3.3.0, for example some IP450 and IP670 phones which run 3.3.5 can not dial numbers longer than three digits after updating to Operator 2.2.2. This means these users cannot make external calls. Downgrading these phones to firmware 3.2.7 fixes this issue, but then they still cannot dial numbers prefixed with *.

What do you think?

Thanks

•  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Hi,

I'll need some more information to be able to help.

Could you please send the following to <fjenicek<_at_>kerio.com>.
1. Support Info - Click on a link at the bottom of the System Health screen.
2. Configuration of both Polycom phones - Right click on a phone and select "Download configuration".

Thank you,
Filip
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

I have to confirm that the issue is still there. We will address it in the next release 2.2.4.
  •  
AlexDRiVER

The same problem with GrandStream GXP-1400
Previous Topic: Softphone iPhone Ed. ring problem
Next Topic: Voicemail Greetings defaulting
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Oct 19 07:29:09 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00477 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.