Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Migrating from Exchange to KMS on Mac 10.9 (Best way to migrate users from Exchange 5.5 to KMS Mac)
  •  
rhegyi

Send a private message to this user
Hello:

I've been assigned the task to migrate about 20 users mostly Mac's running Entourage and PCs running XP Outlook over to a new MacMini running KMS. Can anyone please point me in the right direction of how to migrate the user data over to the new server. I know there is a migration tool available but I don't think this will work in the environment because the IT dept will not allow both servers running <_at_> the same time.

I was thinking to have the users copy all mail from the inbox to a personal folder, disconnect from Exchange server bring up the Kerio server and have the users log in and then move the mail from the personal folders to the inbox? If I set up iMAP on the Kerio will this work?

Would anyone have any other suggestions on how to achieve this....

Appreciate it! Thank You Rick

•  
Pavel Špalek (Kerio)

I can't see any problem running both e-mail servers as far as you have only one receiving e-mails.
But the solution you describe with personal folders is also feasible (though more laborious). And you will need to run both servers at the same time anyway, because you should swith mail delivery to Connect, then refresh Outlook mailbox with last messages from Exchange and then copy e-mails using personal folders (otherwise you risk that some messages will be delivered in the meantime on Exchange and not downloaded to Outlook).

Pavel Špalek
developer - Kerio Connect
  •  
rhegyi

Pavel:

Thank You for your response. Will take your suggestion into consideration. How about the address book on the server and the calendar? How would that be copied to the local machine? Thanks....
  •  
Pavel Špalek (Kerio)

Groupware data can be migrated, but there must be Exchange type of the old account and then KOC Offline must be installed in Outlook (not IMAP, because it can handle only e-mails).

Pavel Špalek
developer - Kerio Connect
  •  
My IT Indy

We've used the Exchange migration tool and it's worked well. One thing to be aware of is garbage in, garbage out. If you have problems with the data on your exchange server, the problem will probably come over to the Kerio server.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
Previous Topic: Individual User Can't Connect to Server
Next Topic: ActiveSync iPhone can't delete messages
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Oct 19 12:52:49 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00402 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.