Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » External Antivirus and Kerio Connect Server (I think about an install of an external Antivirus Client on the Kerio Connect Server)
  •  
mp3tobi

Send a private message to this user
Hello everyone,

I just installed Kerio Connect 8.2.2 on a Windows 2008 R2 Server Machine. This machine is located in my DMZ and has only the necessary ports open (25, 443, 465, 587, 993).
And from the Intranet is also the necessary ports open.

The Kerio Connect Server has the sophos AV engine to scan all incoming mails. This is a good idea.
But what do you think about an AV client for the whole Windows 2008 R2 Server? Is this good or does it may crash the whole system? Sad

Maybe you can tell me your experience in this case.

Thanks,
mp3tobi
  •  
My IT Indy

You should not allow 3rd party AV scanners touch the mailstore folder. BAD stuff will happen.

Instead you could invest in a 3rd party AV/Spam filtering service. Those are usually a better investment.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
mp3tobi

Ok, thanks for the reply.
But what do you think with a 3rd party AV/Spam filtering service?

Should I install an 3rd party AV scanner on the machine and left out the mailstore folder? So it can scan the whole system but not the mailstore folder.
  •  
BudDurland

mp3tobi wrote on Tue, 14 January 2014 05:59
Ok, thanks for the reply.
But what do you think with a 3rd party AV/Spam filtering service?

Should I install an 3rd party AV scanner on the machine and left out the mailstore folder? So it can scan the whole system but not the mailstore folder.

Only if there are other things on that server (file/print, etc), or if it is directly connected to the internet without a firewall in the middle (Gasp!)

Good is better than evil because it's nicer
--Mammy Yokum
  •  
mp3tobi

BudDurland wrote on Tue, 14 January 2014 20:28
Only if there are other things on that server (file/print, etc), or if it is directly connected to the internet without a firewall in the middle (Gasp!)

I won't let crackers use my server for DDos, Spam or other bad services. And I hope the Kerio team will fix security issues very quickly.
So the server is behind my firewall in the DMZ and has only the following ports from the internets open:

25, 465, 587, 443, 993

The other services like ldap, netbios is also disabled on this server by the windows firewall.

The file/print service is on another hardware server located. Smile

So thanks for your help.

[Updated on: Wed, 15 January 2014 09:44]

Previous Topic: Invites in public shared Calendars not working
Next Topic: Disable automatic notifications to senders?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Oct 22 15:35:26 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00460 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.