Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » How to un-spam something forward by a spam catch box?
  •  
jonelli

Send a private message to this user
Hi. I have our setup forwarding blocked spam to a "spambox" account where they can go through later and decide if something got accidentally spammed.

I see in there once in a while a real message that somehow met the block score (no idea why since it was the second reply in a thread) and was forwarded to this account. I can then forward the email after the fact to the intended user, but what actions can I take to un-block that email or email sender at that point to prevent it from happening again?

Is my only recourse to add the original sender to a whitelist?

[Updated on: Tue, 14 January 2014 07:39]

•  
BudDurland

Depending on what mail lcient you are using, you need to look at the source of the message (Web mail makes it pretty easy). As you look at hte headers, there will be line that shows what tests were tripped to cause the message to be treated as spam. Like so:

X-Spam-Status: Yes, hits=5.6 required=5.0
	tests=AWL: 0.280,BAYES_00: -1.665,HTML_MESSAGE: 0.001,
	LOTS_OF_MONEY: 0.001,CUSTOM_RULE_FROM: 7.00,TOTAL_SCORE: 5.617,autolearn=spam
X-Spam-Flag: YES
X-Spam-Level: *****

Good is better than evil because it's nicer
--Mammy Yokum
  •  
jonelli

Yes, I've looked at that. Lets leave all the email programs out of the conversation, and consider that I'm using 100% webmail.

Message from "mybuddy@hisdomain.com" comes in, meets block score, gets forwarded to box "spambox<_at_>mydomain.com".

So, I go into the webmail spambox account and see the forwarded blocked message. The only thing I can do there is forward that blocked message to my real account. If "mybuddy<_at_>hisdomain.com" sends me another message, it will again be blocked.

What options are there to whitelist or unjunk messages/domains/senders at this point?
  •  
BudDurland

Well, you can add a spam rules that says "if mail comes in from <mybuddy<_at_>hisdomain>, treat it as non spam. I have about 2 dozen such rules on my server.

Good is better than evil because it's nicer
--Mammy Yokum
  •  
jonelli

This is still plaguing me. The option "forward the message to the quarantine address:" is pretty much USELESS.

I told the users that they can go to that spambox account on webmail and look for any spam that got blocked, but they can't even search the messages by original sender! This is lame.
All they can search is by subject. That's completely useless.
And, then to add the original sender to the global whitelist rules, an Admin has to do it.
Again, completely lame.

PLEASE MAKE THE SEARCH FUNCTION SEARCH THE FORWARDED MESSAGES!

And allow more options for white-listing by users!
  •  
jonelli

The other thing that is a big problem:
That spam catch box fills up (limit at 5000 items) after about 21 days.
The shortest time period to empty/delete old items is 30 days. I wish I could set the limit at 5000 items and let it just dump the oldest as new ones come in. But, again, no options for anything like that.
Previous Topic: Cannot delete archived messages
Next Topic: Message reads: Risk of data loss
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Aug 22 20:30:12 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00444 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.