Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » XMPP Service Fails to Start properly (Not enough Java Heap Space)
  •  
GetSync'd

Send a private message to this user
When starting up Kerio Connect, found that the Java process goes 'zombie'. When I shutdown the service and re-start I have found the following error in the XMPP Logs file.

Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Java exception: 'Java heap space: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError'.
at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory.getSQLExcepti on(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory40.wrapArgsFor TransportAcrossDRDA(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory40.getSQLExcep tion(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.newEmbedSQLException(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.javaException(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.TransactionResourceImpl.wrapInSQL Exception(Unknown Source)
... 25 more
Caused by: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

GetSync'd.Com
Certified Hosted Kerio Connect Solutions
Kerio Mail Boxes / Dedicated Kerio Servers / Managed Kerio Cloud
http://www.getsyncd.com
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

You probably need to increase the memory limit for Java process running the xmpp server.
  •  
GetSync'd

Pavel,

I agree, but I have been unable to locate where that is located in the scripts or configuration files.

Mike

GetSync'd.Com
  •  
GetSync'd

Pavel,

Never got a response to my question above. I have also asked Jaroslav directly about how to change the heap space for Java. I've received a lot of beating around the bush, but no direct answer. How do I change the heap space for Java within Kerio Connect?

Mike

GetSync'd.Com
  •  
Tomas Skoda (Kerio)

Hi Mike,

Stop the server, find 'InstantMessaging' table in mailserver.cfg, update value of 'MaxMemorySize' variable. Its value is in [MB] units. 512 should be sufficient. If not I recommend you to increase it with 128 MB steps.

Cheers,
Tomas Skoda
Previous Topic: correct procedure for setting up a new server and linking to current kerio setup
Next Topic: Spam filtering services
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Aug 23 08:10:47 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00435 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.