Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » group chat with IM (best Mac client?)
  •  
monkeymissile

Send a private message to this user
after finally figuring out the IM service via Kerio, we're struggling a bit to find a good Mac client that allows easy group messaging. It doesn't seem to work with Adium and it's kind of clunky in iChat.

any ideas or advice?

thanks,
Justin
  •  
Tomas Skoda (Kerio)

Hi Justin,

both clients work well for me with group chat. I personally consider Adium a bit better. Psi is the most capable client I'm aware of although its far away from being easy to use.

Can you be more specific about your group chat use case or what does not work for you?

Cheers,
Tomas Skoda
  •  
monkeymissile

Hi Tomas,
Thanks again for your assistance. We figured out how to create a chat room via Adium (server has to be conference<_at_>ourdomain.com), but the people I invited didn't get a notification to join. They could join if they typed in the chat room name directly, but that sort of defeats the purpose.
Any ideas?

Justin
  •  
Tomas Skoda (Kerio)

Justin,

You are correct with the server address. Of course it is mentioned in Initiating group chat in instant messaging KB article.

I did quick test with Adium + other clients and invitations are being sent. My scenario in Adium:

1. File -> Join Group chat (I don't need to fill server name as it is auto configured from server, it should work for you as well)
2. I fill 'Invite Contacts' with two contacts (one online and the other offline)
3. Press Join
4. Invitation to the online contact is delivered immediately. Invitation to the offline contact is never delivered as 'delayed delivery' is not supported.
5. Right click on another online contact in Adium contact list -> Invite to Chat -> select room.
6. Again invitation is delivered immediately.

If this does not work for you enable debug log for Instant Messaging and check it for possible errors and warnings.

Tomas
  •  
monkeymissile

Thanks Tomas,
I somehow missed that KB, I thought I had found them all.....
We don't seem to get any error messages when inviting people to join the chatroom, via both methods; it's just that they don't seem to be delivered.
I'll enable the debug log and check it.

Justin
Previous Topic: Deleting Mailboxes - Kerio 7.3.1 patch 2 build 6199
Next Topic: Shared or Public folder mobile sync
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Sep 20 05:51:17 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00456 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.