Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Stored faxes (Where are they?)
  •  
nhoague

Send a private message to this user
So, I setup an Operator a while ago that fax - email worked perfect. Then I changed the SMTP server it was using to send emails and forgot to update it.

In the logs I see a lot of invalid attempts to send email. So I SSH into the server to download all the old faxes and they are not in /var/spool/operator/fax.

Does it delete them if it can't successfully send? If not, where does it put them?

Thanks!
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Unfortunately, any leftover files in /var/spool/operator/fax are deleted after 24 hours.
  •  
nhoague

Hmm, can this be changed? What if a SMTP is down? Or in my case, misconfigured? I think if faxes are successfully sent, its ok to delete, but if not, don't delete them, and provide the option to send all when SMTP is fixed? Or just let us SSH in and grab the PDFs?

Thoughts?
  •  
silars

Eventually, you do have to do something with them. They will end up just consuming disk endlessly if someone isn't paying attention.

Another option would be to send all undelivered faxes to the administrator's email, but that also presumes proper configuration. If you do allow for faxes to stay via option or default, you would still want to limit how many you keep around. I guess a little buffer is better than no buffer.
  •  
nhoague

Why not have a ability to see how much "fax" data is being used? Similar to users' voicemails, or under system health the amount of space logs take up?
Previous Topic: TCP transport
Next Topic: press the pound key for the directory
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 08:40:41 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00871 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.