Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Blackberry 10 VPN (How to setup VPN to Kerio?)
  •  
Crash

Send a private message to this user
Hello!

Is anybody have idea how to setup VPN from Blackberry OS 10 phone to Kerio?

It have only these profiles:
CheckPoint Software Tech VPN-1, Cisco VPN 3000 con, Cisco Securt PIX Firewall VPN, Cisco ios with easy VPN server, Cisco ASA, Juniper Ipsec Vpn (srx), Juniper Ipsec (NetScreen series), JuniperSSL(Mag/sa), Microsoft IKEv2 VPN, Generic IKEv2.
And authorization types: PSK, PKI, XAUTH-PSK, XAUTH-PKI

I was trying to setup using MS IKE and Generic IKE but it doesn't work.

Kerio support doesn't want to help me just send to kb.kerio.com/1281 but this is not for BB.

Anybody can help me?
  •  
silars

It is a bit unreasonable to expect Kerio to maintain a library of how to configure every IPsec client ever made to work with Control. What they pointed you to is how the server is configured. This should help you diagnose how the client should be configured.

This leads to the next issue. For anyone to properly help you, you will need to divulge how you've configured your IPsec server on Kerio. Whether you want to post your VPN server's settings in a public forum is up to you.

I would recommend starting simple and using PSK modes. Once you understand how things need to be configured, you could step up to certificate modes. If that is unsuccessful, perhaps try fuller featured operating systems like OSX, Windows, or Linux. That will give you more options to verify your configuration.
  •  
Crash

Look, I can reconfigure server for BB OS, so I am asking about ready config for server and wich profile to select at BB.

Really nobody don't connect BB to Kerio?

P.S. Also I disagree with you, Kerio must add native support for BB, cause BB is a corporative phones at first and Kerio Control is also corporative firewall!

[Updated on: Fri, 24 January 2014 09:09]

•  
silars

I understand. BB has some very cool technologies for security, however, they are a dying breed in the corporate world. It is now dominated by BYOD and Android/iOS. BB is still very strong in the Government worlds, but they have different systems entirely to maintain strong security.

As a test, I did startup my IPsec server and got my Android and Windows devices to connect (L2TP/IPsec with PSK). I could help there. I don't have BB.

What could be the issue is that it appears Control doesn't support IKEv2. Do you know if any of those profiles are IKE based instead of IKEv2?
  •  
Crash

I also have no problem for VPN clients from Android, Windows and Linux.

There is no description about what kind of IKE use those profiles.

When I try to connect use MS IKE of Generic IKE (like for Android) I receive error like this:
[ENC] generating INFORMATIONAL_V1 request 1852993110 [ HASH N(AUTH_FAILED) ]

or

[IKE] received ESP_TFC_PADDING_NOT_SUPPORTED, not using ESPv3 TFC padding

[Updated on: Mon, 27 January 2014 21:13]

•  
Crash

Really noone use BB and Kerio?!
  •  
Crash

•  
Crash

•  
Crash

•  
Crash

•  
Crash

Previous Topic: problem route table?
Next Topic: Service Discovery/ Zeroconf / Bonjour Gateway not working
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Aug 22 20:33:34 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00478 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.