Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » OSX Calendar Views
  •  
fishtech

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

We are finding the new views of calendars after upgrading to Connect 8.2.2 to be very cumbersome in OSX 10.8. We are sharing over 50 calendars, including assets.

The following are causing the problems for users:

1. Calendars cannot be placed in any order, and are seemingly in a random order in the sidebar. It is tough to manage over 50 calendars and assets when they are in no discernible order.

Perviously calendars were in alphabetical order in the Window menu.

2. Calendars must be viewed in a single window.

Previously individual calendars could be opened up in individual windows, or could be combined into a single window.

3. Creating events from text in an email shows events for ALL calendars in the preview, not just activated calendars.

Previously just delegated calendars showed.

If there is any way to revert to previous behavior in any of these areas it would be helpful.

Thanks,

ft.
  •  
Mark Price (Kerio)

Hi ft.

I've tested moving calendar orders around in 10.8 and above and it all works correctly in these clients. you can manually move them around into an order that works best.

As to multiple windows, this is not explicitly supported by iCal/Calendar. its a single calendar view. multiple windows I think can be enabled by enabling the debug menu. This is an Apple client issue and not Connect related.

As to the creating an event from an email, this is by design and is Apple related again and not a Kerio issue.

I hope this helps.

Mark Price
Kerio technical support.

Log Support Incidents here: http://www.kerio.com/support
Also, please use our KB: http://kb.kerio.com
  •  
fishtech

Quote:
I've tested moving calendar orders around in 10.8 and above and it all works correctly in these clients. you can manually move them around into an order that works best.

We find that, yes, we can manually change the order.

But the order will revert to the original order after the next Refresh/update. Changes do not stick.

Not sure if it's relevant, but In the system logs the following is listed about the same time as it reverts:

Jan 28 11:24:00 myMac.local CalendarAgent[888]: Calendaring data empty

I have tested on 3 different OSX 10.8.4 Macs.

Quote:

As to multiple windows, this is not explicitly supported by iCal/Calendar.

The way you guys implemented it previously under Connect 7.4.3 was great for us. We had a list of calendars in alphabetical order under the Window menu, and we could use type-ahead to get to the required calendar. Each calendar would open in a separate window.

Plus, we had the option to place frequently-required calendars in the sidebar so that could be displayed in a single window and toggled on/off.

Quote:
As to the creating an event from an email, this is by design and is Apple related again and not a Kerio issue

Again, your previous implementation did not behave like this. With over 50 calendars crowded into the tiny preview screen in Mail it is unfortunately useless.

Thanks,

ft.
  •  
larsgp

I would also like to add to this discussion the issue when checking the Delegation preferences in iCal. After selecting the menu Calendar -> Preferences... and then select the tab Accounts and then select your Kerio account, under the tab Delegation you should be able to see all calendars that you have access to. This was happening when we used Kerio 7.4.3.

When I click on the Edit.. button to change who can access my calendar, no users are listed.
  •  
jag

fishtech wrote on Tue, 28 January 2014 17:29

The way you guys implemented it previously under Connect 7.4.3 was great for us. We had a list of calendars in alphabetical order under the Window menu, and we could use type-ahead to get to the required calendar. Each calendar would open in a separate window.

Plus, we had the option to place frequently-required calendars in the sidebar so that could be displayed in a single window and toggled on/off.

We are missing that function too. Before Kerio Connect 8.2 everybody had a separate resource who she/he could invite to make the free/busy visible with text informations. And via iCal / Window / "Resource" everybody could see on a easy way who is in house or away when somebody was looking for here/him.
  •  
fishtech

Quote:

Hi Mark,

Please can you confirm that your calendars stick permanently in the order that you set them.

Our calendars reset to the original 'random' order after the next scheduled refresh.

Many thanks,

ft.
  •  
fishtech

Quote:
...multiple windows I think can be enabled by enabling the debug menu.

Unfortunately Calendar debug menu was removed in 10.8.

Regards,

ft.

[Updated on: Wed, 19 February 2014 15:59]

•  
miker789

Add me to the list.
Worked great under 7.4.3. Since upgrading to 8.2.2 the seemingly random order of shared calendars is quite a problem.
I have clients ask me if I found a fix yet and having to say no, not yet..

To review, yes you can put the shared calendars into any order you want, but as soon as I quit Apple's Calendar and relaunch it, they jump back to the previous order.
  •  
beheer

jag wrote on Fri, 31 January 2014 09:22
fishtech wrote on Tue, 28 January 2014 17:29

We are missing that function too. Before Kerio Connect 8.2 everybody had a separate resource who she/he could invite to make the free/busy visible with text informations. And via iCal / Window / "Resource" everybody could see on a easy way who is in house or away when somebody was looking for here/him.

The problem is not really that Apple's iCal does not support multiple windows, but Kerio Connect (more or less mis-)used the delegation system to create a menu of all other users to open them in separate windows, and now they stopped doing it like that. They seem to forget that many users used it like this for years and are now furious it suddenly stopped working. I think Kerio should at least listen to these people and try to offer them something. The mailserver of Kerio Connect is great, but as soon as I find another mailserver of the same quality with a calendar function which lets me see other user's calendars as I could in Kerio before this update, I will switch to that platform.

There have been several previous threads on this subject. In the dreaded 8.2 update Kerio 'improved' the system so that it does not work like it did anymore. Many people have requested to at least make it a choice if it works like it did before or like the 'improved' system. Nothing has happened yet, and Kerio seems to deny it ever worked like it did...

Richard

•  
miker789

Any update from the Kerio folks?
Random order in the sidebar for shared calendars.
  •  
miker789

I see 8.8.3 was released on March 17, but no mention of this bug being fixed.
Is this in the works to be fixed or do I tell my customers that shared calendars being in no comprehensible order is a feature??
  •  
fishtech

Kerio Rep, Mark Price, posted above:

Quote:

Mark - please can you confirm that is the case.

Are some of us missing something due to some config issue on our Calendar clients or Kerio server? Is this something we should open a support ticket for?

For those that have this problem, it looks really bad to our users.

Thanks,

ft.

[Updated on: Tue, 08 April 2014 16:45]

•  
beheer

And again, my question (about opening calendars in separate windows using the delegation system like it used to work before the Kerio 8.2 update) seems to be ignored.

And I am not the only one asking about this...

•  
fishtech

Good news - On my OSX 10.9.4 calendars will now stay in the order in which they are placed.

ft.
Previous Topic: iCal invitations from forwarded messages double in iCal
Next Topic: How to export public calendar to iCal file?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Mar 23 17:15:48 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.11203 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.