Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Voicemail Greetings defaulting (My voicemail greetings for all ext get wiped out to default)
  •  
Afropuffo

Send a private message to this user
Hello everyone,

I am finding in the past few months my Kerio Operator customers complain that their voice-mail greeting have reverted back to default robot voice.

I have tied it to a firmware upgrade, it seems that is when the greeting gets wiped out.

Real pain. Occurred on 2 and only operator installs.

Anyone else.

You don't notice it right away, unless a caller complains about it.

I included a pic of my settings

•  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Hi,

do I understand correctly that the value of the highlighted option changed after an upgrade?

Filip
  •  
Afropuffo

No.

I only included the picture to illustrate if I was configuring anything incorrectly.

I don't believe that page can delete/disable a personal greeting.

For example:

I setup a new ext
User logs into voicemail system and creates a custom greeting
"Hi this is Joe, I am busy signing a million dollar deal and can't answer my phone, please leave a message"
This greeting survives and then randomly gets reverted back to standard default greeting.
I have isolated it to the firmware upgrades, but am not 100% certain that is the culprit.

Make more sense?

Joe
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Oh, I see.

Is your voicemail integrated with Kerio Connect?

Anything interesting in the error/warning log?

What do you do to make it work again? Re-record the message?

Recorded messages are stored in /var/spool/operator/voicemail-users, for example /var/spool/operator/voicemail-users/Admin/unavail.wav

The files are read by asterisk from a symlink at /var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/sip-locals/10/unavail.wav

Feel free to contact me at <fjenicek<_at_>kerio.com> once you have the system in a broken state. I can log in and analyze it.

Best
Filip
  •  
Afropuffo

Thanks for your quick reply.

I will ssh into system and take a look.

Not a Linux expert, what is a symlink?
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Symlink is similar to a shortcut on Windows. It allows you to access files in another location.
  •  
Afropuffo

The proper files seem to exist in the users directory. I used winscp (wow, awesome prog, where were you all my life?)

It maybe the shortcut that is the problem, so far all greetings have been re recorded and I backed them up with winScp.

Will wait till next firmware upgrade and keep you posted.
Previous Topic: Dialing PBX services starting with *
Next Topic: Failover issue
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 17 01:59:32 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00765 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.