Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Call Listening (call listening for training purposes needed)
  •  
Silverstar

Send a private message to this user
Hi folks,

for training purposes we urgently need the ability to listen to a call on another extension without interrupting the call.

Any advide how to achieve that?

We've KO running with snom 720 and 760 phones.

Thx
Silverstar
  •  
silars

Sounds like you want either a barge or spy feature. Asterisk appears to support this and there are numerous threads in the wild that talk about how to configure that.

I'm not sure what Kerio's plans are for adding that to the admin console. If they don't answer that here, you will need to call your reseller or Kerio's Tech Support.

•  
Silverstar

Hi silars,

thats exactly what we're looking for.
It's essentially for training.

I'm aware that KO is running on asterisk but I don't have a clue how to tweak the asterisk directly and don't want to screw up everything...
  •  
silars

You'll see threads that reference the ability to "hook" Asterisk commands that aren't supported via the GUI. That does mean you'll need SSH access and an understanding of Asterisk configuration. I've used that facility myself to handle a specific way my SIP provider wanted to configure the trunk. It is very flexible.

This is a user-to-user forum, but the Kerio folks are fairly active. Give them a few days to see if they want to engage.

I'm interested in barge features, but for a different purpose.
  •  
Silverstar

Hi silars,

Quote:
I've used that facility myself to handle a specific way my SIP provider wanted to configure the trunk. It is very flexible.

can you say if this can be made persisting (not getting overwritten by any config change using the gui)?

Thx
Silverstar
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Hi,

Call monitoring is not in the plan (for this year, at least).

Configuration files are overwritten with each config change in the GUI.

If you know what to change in the Asterisk configuration files and can prepare a shell script that will alter the files in the way you need (using tools like sed etc.), it is possible to install the script as a 'configuration hook' and thus make the configuration change permanent.

Vladimir
  •  
fsupport

silverstar,

i know a way to "lock" sertain files so they wont be overwritten after a reboot,
see link

u will have to unlock it when u need to change the content and then lock it again when u are done. (there might be other ways but i know this one works Wink
  •  
fishtech

Hi,

FWIW, call monitoring was added in 2.3.

hth,

ft.
Previous Topic: Kerio Operator 2.3.1 patch 1
Next Topic: Full - Featured Softphone
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Oct 22 21:09:35 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00499 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.