Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Private events in Kerio Connect (Is there a way to show just "busy/free information"?)
  •  
ericbullock

Send a private message to this user
I have a client with a somewhat unconventional request, and I am wondering if there is a way to accommodate her in Kerio Connect.

Basically she wants to share her calendar with the rest of her staff, but only show if she is busy or available and not the details of the event. She could make ALL events private, but wants her administrative assistant to be able to see the details of everything, as well as add, remove, and edit existing events.

She claims she has done this at other jobs where they use Exchange. There are probably lots of ways to address this, but she does not want to have to make every event private. That would get old fast, since it would need to be done for any new event entered.

She wants to make the entire calendar private, and have a delegate who can see everything and make changes on her behalf. Ideally even several calendars, so she can preserve the existing color coding she has with her iCloud calendars. She can live without that if need be but it would be nice.

Smile

The goal is to get everything OUT of iCloud and into this new Kerio Connect calendar. Is there any way to achieve this in a simple, straightforward manner? All she wants to do is show her staff when she is busy, not necessarily why.
  •  
BudDurland

Simple free/busy searches do not require any kind of calendar sharing. When someone is scheduling an event and invites this person, events on her calendar will display as a "hash mark", showing her as busy. My understanding is that this will only work with her "default" calendar.

Sharing a calendar implicitly implies that you want other people to at least be able to see the events on the calendar.

Good is better than evil because it's nicer
--Mammy Yokum
  •  
ericbullock

I'm not sure I follow you. Are you saying that the person has to be invited before they will show up as free/busy on the person's (who is sending the invite) calendar?

I hear what you are saying about the shared aspect of the calendar. This is the first time I've gotten this request so I'm a bit unsure how to proceed with this client.
Previous Topic: Calendar delegation - answers always send to owner (Kerio 8.2.0)
Next Topic: Where is Variable: <value name="server-version"/> stored
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Oct 20 08:49:48 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00436 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.