Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Softphone iPhone Ed. ring problem (No ring when in background)
  •  
minal

Send a private message to this user
hi all,

i have installed Kerio Operator Softphone iPhone Edition v2.5.0 build 19389, using it with a non-Kerio IP PBX.

app ONLY vibrates (NO audible ring) while in background, when a call arrives. same problem when iPhone automatically locks itself.

app rings while in foreground.

all incoming call alerts, rings, vibrate, etc. are enabled.

device is an iPhone 5 running iOS 7.0.4 (11B554a).

any solution?
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

•  
minal

CounterPath support site says;
Quote:
Just go to the device notifications center and enable sound for Bria.

it worked. self-service support!...

another question; this app asks for operator login at every launch. is there a way to autoskip this step; this is rather unpractical for the average user...

•  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Settings->Preferences->Autologin->ON
  •  
minal

autologin does NOT solve the issue, Operator Login still pops up.

i think this login is for Kerio Operator server, however i am using the app with another SIP server...
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Sorry, the application is designed to be used with Kerio Operator.
  •  
silars

Did you consider just using Bria's offerings instead? That autologin feature works for both Operator and other SIP servers.
  •  
minal

silars wrote on Fri, 31 January 2014 16:26
Did you consider just using Bria's offerings instead? That autologin feature works for both Operator and other SIP servers.

sorry, i could not understand your advise. do you mean we can just use Bria instead of Kerio SIP client and there will be no login step?
  •  
silars

Yes, I use Bria's softphones. I have my PC autologin to Operator. It appears to work with other SIP servers too. They have a free version you can use for testing.

I don't like to promote competing products so I was holding back on this until the Kerio folks responded. They do a fantastic job in this forum and are exceedingly helpful. If you absolutely need this feature, that would be my next step.

Unless they want to give you a timeframe for when this feature might be available?
  •  
minal

@silars, yes you are right, we are also happy with Kerio. and actually, we are about to purchase plenty of Kerio Control HW appliances.

we have a telephony network to be deployed over Kerio Control VPN. Our initial iOS SIP client has been Media5 fone; however Kerio Control somehow blocks SIP signaling thru VPN when using Media5-fone. there seems to be an interoperability issue.

That is why I am testing Kerio SIP client, which turned out to be a re-branded version of CounterPath's Bria.

any advice is welcome!
  •  
silars

I have decided to use Counterpath Bria for PC and Android. I don't have iOS devices. I tested with X-lite initially before buying Bria.

I achieved the level of functionality needed for my network. Your mileage may vary.

I am intrigued as to why a VPN would disrupt the ability to do SIP. SIP servers do tend to have firewalls up to protect from rogue SIP connection attempts. Perhaps VPN clients looked like intruders?

I'll test my ability to do Android Bria via IPsec VPN through Control. My SIP server is Kerio Operator.
  •  
silars

I didn't have any problems with an IPsec VPN through Control. I was able to establish a SIP connection and make calls over LTE. Bria for Android.
  •  
minal

silars wrote on Sat, 01 February 2014 00:12
I am intrigued as to why a VPN would disrupt the ability to do SIP. SIP servers do tend to have firewalls up to protect from rogue SIP connection attempts. Perhaps VPN clients looked like intruders?

our SIP registrar/proxy is a hybrid PBX, having both TDM and SIP. it does not have any FWing and other stuff, just SIP Wink

there is nothing in between the SIP client and the PBX in terms of L3 connectivity. just routing.

it seems SIP signaling is disrupted on for INVITE messages with digest authentication. let me ask a question to Kerio support; should I start asking the problem immediately, or should I wait until we purchase Kerio Control license, and start a support case?
  •  
minal

silars wrote on Sat, 01 February 2014 00:34
I didn't have any problems with an IPsec VPN through Control. I was able to establish a SIP connection and make calls over LTE. Bria for Android.

i guess you are using site-to-site VPN, not a client-to-site tunnel terminating on Android device?

and do you use digest authentication for your SIP account?

thanks!
  •  
silars

It is a client-to-site tunnel terminating on an Android device. I'm not certain what authentication is being used, however, I thought it was digest authentication. I'll check.

Kerio Operator does have a free trial. You use that for testing. Do some packet captures and see what is going on. Once you have some data, contact Kerio support. Packet captures would likely be very helpful.
Previous Topic: Security recommendation
Next Topic: Dialing PBX services starting with *
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Oct 23 04:27:57 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00558 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.