Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Can't login to Kerio Control when I access HTTPS websites (E.g. when I open Gmail, Chrome can't load anything and doesn't redirect to Kerio web interface)
  •  
Andre

Send a private message to this user
In the company where I work, Kerio Control is installed (verion 8.2.2).
The firewall is configured to ask users to login when they try to access Internet. However, if the website they try to access goes through a secure connection (HTTPS), the web interface doesn't load. Google Chrome just says that a connection cannot be established.
The usual thing is to have Google as the homepage for all users so it should be redirected to the firewall web interface... but, modern browsers are so intelligent these days that they automatically force a HTTPS connection on many websites, including Google, Gmail, etc...
Therefore, some users are having problems to access Internet, and we at the IT department receive many issues with these problems.

Is there any way to configure Kerio Control so that it shows a login page when accessing HTTPS websites?

Thanks,
Andre

--
Andre
  •  
Andre

Anybody can help?

--
Andre
  •  
silars

Are you using the transparent proxy services? If so, have you tried forcing them to the non-transparent proxy?
  •  
Crash

The easiest way is to set Kerio login page in IE (if you are win)and start it after user login. Another way I use is to set the user policy to open web page with Kerio login at the background when user login PC.

But all that are for NTLM authorization.
Previous Topic: VPN tunnel to Watchguard
Next Topic: Searching on Traffic Rules
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Aug 19 11:17:23 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00538 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.