Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Webmail & sending "From"
  •  
vandalen

Send a private message to this user
Is there a way to specify a "From" when sending emails?

I see the To, CC & BCC but not "From".
  •  
Bauglir

"From" is always the value you have from your administrator, only if you have aliases, you can specify, which address to use

Bronislav Klucka
Kerio Technologies
bklucka<at>kerio.com
  •  
vandalen

Hi,

The way you say it works totally different than with the KOC.

In outlook, I can choose a "From" from the Contact/Public COntact list. This allows to send messages on "Behalf" off.

•  
Bauglir

You cannot do it with webmail

Bronislav Klucka
Kerio Technologies
bklucka<at>kerio.com
  •  
vandalen

I know, I'm asking to please consider enhancing the "From" feature set.

Using Webmail on a multi-account setting is pretty useless. I need to be able to specify the From (i.e. JohnDoe<at>dummy.com or sales<at>dummy.com or MaryDoe<at>dummy.com on behalf of JohnDoe<at>dummy.com)
  •  
Bauglir

You can do it by setting aliases from admin console

Bronislav Klucka
Kerio Technologies
bklucka<at>kerio.com
  •  
vandalen

Hi Bronislav,

Ok, I must be missing something. My apologies if I'm just not geting it.

1) I don't even see a "From" option in my "send mail" form.
2) I have Aliases defined on my Domain and how will they show up if I don't have a "From" field?
3) If by Aliases you mean adding other "addresses" to a user, I tried that and still don't have a way of changing the "From" when I'm compiling a message.
4) I need to be able to specify a "From" sometimes as an address outside the domain (i.e. my personal address, ....)
  •  
dmartz

vandalen wrote on Thu, 19 August 2004 07:21

1) I don't even see a "From" option in my "send mail" form.
2) I have Aliases defined on my Domain and how will they show up if I don't have a "From" field?
3) If by Aliases you mean adding other "addresses" to a user, I tried that and still don't have a way of changing the "From" when I'm compiling a message.
4) I need to be able to specify a "From" sometimes as an address outside the domain (i.e. my personal address, ....)

Try adding the "aliases" to the individual user account. In other words, add additional addresses to a user, then the "from" will show up.

Thank you for raising this question on the board. I was not previously aware of this feature and wondered the same thing.
  •  
vandalen

The problem is that I can not specify an address outside the domain.
  •  
dmoore

This would be a really good feature if you could send from external domains via web mail. Or at least secondary domain hosted on the same KMS. Come on Kerio it's a standard feature within general webmail.
Previous Topic: Faxmodule
Next Topic: Webmail Crashes??
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 06:44:20 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00427 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.