Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » shared calendars
  •  
yukiomishima

Send a private message to this user
howdy

preface this all with saying that we are running kerio 8.2 and all clients are running OSX 10.6.8 and outlook 2011

migrating from an old office wide / server based calendaring system.. to using shared calendars with kerio

here with a few issues / features

01: people have shared their main calendar either within outlook 2011 or the kerio client (KC)

02: when looking to subscribe to a calendar.. the list in outlook 2011 is different from the one in KC.. which would that be?

03: if i subscribe to a calendar in KC... do i also have to subscribe in outlook 2011.. it would appear so.. unless i am missing something?

04: KC shows subscribed calendars in different colours.. with the ability to change the colour of the calendar... in outlook.. all subscribed calendars appear to be the same colour... is there a way of changing each calendar to have a different colour

05: when i roll over a calendar event in KC a pop-up windows shows details aboout the event.. including which calendar the event is from... however.. when i rollover the event in outloo 2011... the info box does not show which calendar the item is assigned to

we would probably move to iCal or similar as our calendar client... however... we get a lot of invitations to meetings / conference calls via outlook... and these auto-populate the calendar which is a nicety

any insight / tips and tricks or advice greatly appreciated

thanks

yukioMishima
  •  
Pavel Špalek (Kerio)

Send a private message to this user
ad 02) if we are talking about shared user's calendar, there is no list of shared folders - user must go to the File -> Open -> Other User's Folder. If there are unsufficient rights, opening fails. Public folders are listed in Tools -> Public Folders and the list should be identical as in KCC.
ad 03) yes, user must subscibe folders separately for each client. Outlook doesn't save the list of subscribed folders on server
ad 04) no, Outlook doesn't support changing color of calendars, there are only different colors for categories (Apple Calendar with CalDAV account allows this and the same color is then used in KCC)
ad 05) if the calendar is selected in the tree on the left, the events from this calendar are highlighted (little bit); sorry, no rollover.

Pavel Špalek
developer - Kerio Connect
Previous Topic: Archive folder compression control
Next Topic: Alert for high message queue
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Oct 19 01:45:03 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00336 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.