Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Surface 2 (Windows RT) (Outlook Connector)
  •  
pstavros1967

Send a private message to this user
Will Kerio make a outlook connector for Windows RT? Our office purchased a couple of Surface 2's and they work great for users on the road. Right now they use the built in Windows Mail program which is OK, but it's not outlook. Please please come out with a connector for Windows RT.
  •  
Vladimír Mlčoch (Kerio)

Hello,

unfortunately we do not have plans to develop Outlook Connector for Outlook RT at this moment.
New generation of Win tablets is coming to the market with full Win 8, that also does not create more demand for it.
  •  
pstavros1967

Would you at least make Kerio more compatible with touch interface on Windows 8.1? 8.1 is running IE 11 and the web interface tells me that my screen is not set to optimal settings for use with Kerio Mail. I'm running at 1080p so it is definitely optimal.
  •  
Vladimír Mlčoch (Kerio)

I tested Kerio Connect Client on my Lenovo tablet with 1920x1200 resolution (IE11) without any warnings and all worked quite well. Did you used latest 8.2.2 Connect version?
  •  
pstavros1967

This is what I get on my Surface 2, please see screen capture.[img]./fa/3285/0/[/img]

[Updated on: Thu, 30 January 2014 17:40]

•  
Vladimír Mlčoch (Kerio)

Did you used latest 8.2.2 Connect version?
  •  
pstavros1967

Yes we are running the latest version of Connect.

[img]./fa/3286/0/[/img]

• Attachment: Kerio.jpg
    (Size: 17.00KB, Downloaded 268 times)
  •  
Vladimír Mlčoch (Kerio)

We do have older version of Surface RT, will test it next week if there is not a problem with resoution detection or IE RT incompatibility.
  •  
pstavros1967

Thanks! Is there a possibility of getting Kerio to create an icon like you have for IOS devices so that when you pin the shortcut to desktop or the Metro interface it looks like the Kerio Connect Logo. I have no idea what is involved in doing it but esthetically it is more pleasing and makes it look like an app instead of a link.
  •  
Vladimír Mlčoch (Kerio)

Are you sure that you are testing new Connect Client in Landscape (not Portrait) mode?
  •  
pstavros1967

Yes I'm positive! I never use portrait mode on my Surface.
  •  
scottwilkins

The reason you are seeing the resolution issue is that the Surface comes from Microsoft set to a different DPI setting on the display. This causes I.E. to report to the web site a resolution that is much lower than you actual physical resolution.

I think it's fixed here: Under "PC Settings" then "PC and Devices", then "Display" at the bottom is "more options" and a "change size of app/text". Move that to default instead of larger.
  •  
pstavros1967

Already on Default, in fact the only option I have is to go smaller, larger does not exist. Going smaller I still receive get the same error.

[Updated on: Fri, 07 February 2014 23:30]

•  
pstavros1967

Ok I figured it out. Not only was Windows blowing up the text but there is a separate option under IE to increase the font size. So I had to change the settings in both places in order to get it to stop displaying that message. Now Kerio needs to make the connect web interface more touch friendly. I'd like to be able to swipe up and down to scroll my folders. Right now i have to use the scroll bar what a pain.

[Updated on: Fri, 07 February 2014 23:43]

Previous Topic: Mailing list import problem
Next Topic: Update from 7.4.2 to 8.2.2
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 17 22:24:19 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00500 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.