Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » RPC Error (Need Help with RPC Error on Windows 8.1 with Outlook 2013)
  •  
pstavros1967

Send a private message to this user
The owner of my company just purchased a brand new Samsung ATIV Book 9 Plus which is running Windows 8.1 and Office 2013. We are running Kerio Connect version 8.2.2 (2224). He keeps getting "The RPC server is unavailable" and the Kerio connector has crashed rendering Outlook useless. He has to close outlook out and relaunch it. Problem is if he is writing an email he can't save it since there is no connection to the server.

• Attachment: Kerio.jpg
    (Size: 17.00KB, Downloaded 379 times)
  • Attachment: RPC Error.png
    (Size: 3.66KB, Downloaded 479 times)

[Updated on: Thu, 30 January 2014 19:45]

•  
pstavros1967

Seriously not one person has seen this?
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

No, we haven't seen it yet. I recommend to get debug logs from Kerio Outlook Connector ( http://kb.kerio.com/product/kerio-connect/email-clients/keri o-outlook-connector/location-of-koff-store-and-debug-files-2 57.html) and contact our technical support.
  •  
g.slager

Quote:
The owner of my company just purchased a brand new Samsung ATIV Book 9 Plus which is running Windows 8.1 and Office 2013. We are running Kerio Connect version 8.2.2 (2224). He keeps getting "The RPC server is unavailable" and the Kerio connector has crashed rendering Outlook useless. He has to close outlook out and relaunch it. Problem is if he is writing an email he can't save it since there is no connection to the server.

I'm very curious if you have found a solution to this problem, as i'm encountering the same error.
  •  
bull2760

My company has since moved to office 365. While a decent mail server, Kerio does not like to fix there issues immediately. Take for instance active sync. In the latest release of Kerio Connect they finally just updated to a newer version so that the built in Windows 8 mail program will work with KC. W8 has been out for over 2.5 years if you consider the developer addition which is released for software companies to make their software compatible with W8. To answer your question no I did not find a solution, I get tied of waiting for Kerio so we moved on.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

bull2760 wrote on Mon, 16 February 2015 15:35
My company has since moved to office 365. While a decent mail server, Kerio does not like to fix there issues immediately. Take for instance active sync. In the latest release of Kerio Connect they finally just updated to a newer version so that the built in Windows 8 mail program will work with KC. W8 has been out for over 2.5 years if you consider the developer addition which is released for software companies to make their software compatible with W8. To answer your question no I did not find a solution, I get tied of waiting for Kerio so we moved on.

Windows 8 Mail synchronization is supported from January 2013, ie. for more than 2 years.
  •  
mrossi

We are seeing it and we are using Kerio Connect version 8.4.0 and a W7 Pro pc.
What was the resolution?
  •  
pstavros1967

We switched to Office365. Never got a resolution to the problem nobody else had it. Kerio said they never saw it. Owner of company used the web interface for a coulple of months, and his phone for answering email. I made the switch and we never looked back. We had 40 license with Kerio now they all belong to office365.
Previous Topic: Right-To-Left in webmail
Next Topic: IMAP service with limit access spesific IP
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Oct 23 02:33:02 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00433 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.