Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Outlook 2011 Continuos Sync Issue - Mac
  •  
oliver.richardson

Send a private message to this user
Hey guys,

I have an issue with one of my users Outlook account continuously trying to sync or losing connection. I have tried everything I can imagine in the hope that it would fix it and even our IT Consultants can't pinpoint the issue. The Kerio server is running on an Apple X-serve and the user in question is on a Macbook Pro with Outlook 2011. His account is roughly 9GB and the item count is 58,016. Here's a list of the troubleshooting steps I have taken so far:

-Rebuilt the Main Identity in Outlook
-Installed the latest update to Office 2011 14.3.9
-Deleted the whole account from Outlook and re-added downloading all messages again
-Manually re-indexed and created new .fld
-Re-indexed and scanned account for corruption via Kerio Admin
-De-creased mailbox size and archived off old items

Sometimes the user can't even log in via web mail and I need to stop and start the server to allow him to log in. HELP!!!!! It's driving us both nuts. We have 110 licenses and this is the only account having issues!

Many thanks,

Oliver
  •  
rg82

We can confirm a similar issue concerning Kerio 8.2.2 and older releases since Monday.

Without any known reason ONLY users accessing one of a bigger public folder (~ 34 GB) are affected. We did the same like written in the post before, without success. After connecting, some minutes later Kerio breaks down and all connections of ALL users are broken. We have to manually restart Kerio, then it works for 10 minutes, then the same.

Beside, we do not use Mac, we use Windows XP/7/8 and Outlook 2007/2010/2013 and/or Thunderbird. We checked it for 3 days now - without any success ;-(

We use 100 mailboxes, too. We recently called and wrote Kerio support without any hint/tip or solution. I do not agree to pay for a licence and do not receive any support/feedback when mailserver runs into troubles.

So anyone else who can confirm this issue?

[Updated on: Fri, 31 January 2014 18:26]

•  
Neil Whiteside (Kerio)

Hello RG82 - How did you raise the support ticket?

Could you provide me with the Ticket ID for your support incident?

Best regards,

Neil.

Knowledge Base: http://kb.kerio.com/.
Looking for technical support? http://www.kerio.com/support
  •  
macparamedic

I think we are seeing a similar issue here, but I am thinking the problem is not with the Outlook client installation, but with the calendar data on the server.

In the process of moving about 10 users from Apple Mail/Contacts/Calendar to Outlook 2011.

One user (so far), Outlook becomes non-responsive while trying to synchronize and eventually crashes. During this process, the Kerio Connect server becomes non-responsive to web client connections.

This user has a substantial mail store (16GB in ~/Library/Mail). About 16K messages in the inbox.

After trying to work with the Outlook installation on the client, I gave up and went to a different machine with a different OS. I configured the client applications the same and see the same issues there, different machine, different OS, so the Outlook problem seems to be caused by the client's data on the server.

I note that the user has been invited to at least two perpetual repeating events on the calendar; i.e. these two weekly events never end.

One of the events shows the KC web client is configured to remind the user about 20 million minutes in advance.

I seem to remember a big issue some time ago where unending events caused problems on the Kerio Connect server.

Can anyone comment on this? Or offer suggestions?

thanks
Larry
  •  
ekarell

Oliver,

Whenever I've seen this problem, it's because the user received an email with an attachment of extraordinary size. Have the user quit Outlook, log in to webmail, sort messages by attachment size and delete the offending email(s). Relaunch Outlook and you should be good to go.

Outlook is a terrible program and I don't know why it can't sync large attachments. It's just more terrible software from Microsoft, I guess.

[Updated on: Thu, 20 March 2014 22:24]

•  
ekarell

Larry,

I would log in to webmail and add an ending time to the never-ending repeating events. Also, check to see if any calendar appointments have large files attached to them.
  •  
macparamedic

ekarell wrote on Thu, 20 March 2014 14:09

Whenever I've seen this problem, it's because the user received an email with an attachment of extraordinary size. Have the user quit Outlook, log in to webmail, sort messages by attachment size and delete the offending email(s). Relaunch Outlook and you should be good to go.

This suggestion seems to have solved the problem for me. I found an email message with a 1GB attachment and deleted it.

The problem user's Outlook has fully synced with KC.

thanks again!
Previous Topic: Delegation frustration since 8.2.0
Next Topic: IE 10 client randomly sending blank body messages / downgrade question
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Oct 21 23:27:24 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00479 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.