Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Kerio 8.2 Content filter changed way of function?
  •  
xaaru

Send a private message to this user
Hy
after upgrading from 8.1 to 8.2 i've noticed:
in 8.1 in HTTP filter if I have two items in SOURCE field they were processed like logic AND

in 8.2 in content filter items in SOURCE field are processing like logic OR.

Examples

Source
user John
IP address 192.168.2.2

the rule applied for user John from 192.168.2.2 IP. If IP is different or other user from this IP - rule was skipped.

Source
user John
IP address 192.168.2.2

the rule applies to ANY user from IP 192.168.2.2 and to user John from ANY IP address.

Is it bug or feature??

I have a lot of rules that are based on AND logics. It breaks all my security policy! I can't use Kerio in this way!
  •  
silars

I've always thought the logic for a single rule was an "OR" operation.
  •  
an2ny79

I dont' get it.. I assume you are talking about HTTP policy since you mentioned the word HTTP filter?? As far as I know, all items in source / destination field is using OR operation..

but then again, maybe you are talking about Traffic Rules. Again, anything you put in Source / Destination is using OR operation.. it's always been that way.
  •  
xaaru

In kerio 8.2 there's no HTTP filter, it's now Content filter

in kerio 8.1 in HTTP filter it was working like AND. Maybe it was a bug for me - but for sure it worked like AND(only for HTTP, traffic rules worked like OR), now in 8.2 it works like OR everywhere
  •  
xaaru

Reply from tecnical support:

This is not a bug. This was a change the developers did in version 8.2, the rules now act on a 'OR' basis. So if the user or ip address match the rule conditions that rule will apply. If you would like the behavior to revert back then please use the 'Suggest Idea' button in the Web Admin.

So they have changed the way it works Sad
  •  
sp1r3d

OMG... They REALLY did it... unfortunally.
As like a topic starter I`ve using many hand-made http-filter rules and after upgrade I`ve got a lot of trouble in configuring again.
Sad
Previous Topic: oops, posted to the wrong subforum.
Next Topic: problem windows 8.1 with Kerio vpn client!just problem with open the facebook!
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Aug 20 00:16:55 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00390 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.