Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Cannot add more users
  •  
88fingerslukee

Send a private message to this user
So I started off with a 15 user license and some time ago added 5 more users on. Now for some reason I cannot add more users even though my license says I should be able to. In fact, I have 16 users in the database. See the attached screenshots

Please help, I need to add a user urgently.

[Updated on: Wed, 05 February 2014 06:26]

•  
Kedar

I guess you set maximum number of users for the domain.

WebAdmin -> Configuration -> Domains -> <domainname> -> General -> Limit maximum number of users in the domain
  •  
88fingerslukee

Well that did it. Thanks!

That's weird. I never set that setting ever. Did an update ever change the default? I haven't touched those setting in months (maybe years) and have definitely added users (see 16 of a maximum 15).

Very odd.
  •  
Kedar

No update changes such values.

I guess it was 16 users on entire server (limit 20) and 15 users in domain (limit 15).
So one user is/was in some secondary domain.
  •  
88fingerslukee

I've never had a secondary domain on this mailserver ever. I've only ever pulled users from an Active Directory server. One domain, one set of users.

I just recently updated to 8.2.2. There is something in one of the more recent updates that altered that setting or it wasn't enforcing it if it was set.
  •  
Kedar

There is difference how it works for local users and for users from LDAP (AD).
You cannot create more local users than limit, but if you map users from LDAP, we show all - we cannot decide which mapped users are over limit and which should be available. So all mapped users are available and we count number of active (logged) users to the limit.

No update changes these values. There is no such functionality in product, upgrades are daily automatically and manually tested. And can you imagine roaring here in forum for such unwanted behaviour? Very Happy
Previous Topic: How to change IP in Kerio Connect
Next Topic: Email Rules - More than one Email Client
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Sep 24 23:19:44 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00462 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.