Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Need Help with understanding how to stop spam (Mostly publishing records in DNS)
  •  
mmahfouz

Send a private message to this user
Hi all,

This is the first time i use this forum. I have ran out of ideas , and that is why i need other brains to help me.
I have my domain registered in godaddy.com and made my mx record added there. I olso have an spf recored added not a ptr record. every thing was working fine untill august 2013. I started being listed in chilcbl even thought my server was shut down. my inter ip range is listed even the ip of my router. when i tried adding the ptr record in my ISP (not in godaddy) my server suddendly stopped sending mail with the error "invalid ehlo/helo domain".
When i deleted the PTR record from my ISP i started sending mail properly but the spam problem is not solved. I am using kaspersky solution to prevent spam from entering my domain but i can't understand how to prevent some one from sending spam using may domain name or ip address. i am not openeing the relay on my server. can some one help me?????
  •  
Petr Dobry (Kerio)

You need to enable solutions like SPF and DKIM for your domain to protect it.

Petr Dobry
Product Development Manager | Kerio
  •  
mmahfouz

Thank you for responding. I already use spf records registered in godaddy and every thing was working fine untill last august. i dont know waht is dkim but i will serch for it. I dont have a ptr record thought do i need to have it? if i do where to add it? in my isp or in godaddy. last september i added it with my isp but as soon as it propagated i was not able to send any mail for two days. i had to make them delete it. I am in a jam......
  •  
My IT Indy

What may also help is using an outbound filtering solution.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
clan

The PTR must be setuip by your ISP. The domain referenced must be the one used at the start of the SMTP dialog in the HELO/EHLO commands, which should be the domain setup in Kerio.
Previous Topic: Error in CardDAV Setup
Next Topic: Problem with cpu architecture during upgrade from 8.0.0 b639 to 8.1
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Aug 22 15:05:37 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00436 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.