Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Share calendar settings and viewing (different options between 8.1.x and 8.2.2)
  •  
star7591

Send a private message to this user
After upgrading from 8.1.x to 8.2.2 we realized strange behavior of our OSX iCal clients.
We do not use delegates.
Each user has several calendars (approx 7 cal) that are shared across the company (everybody from server can change).
Before the upgrade, in iCal for each user all his shared calendar were presented, so it was easy to see the different calendars and easy to turn off/on its visibility.
Since the update, ALL shared calendars are listed within your own user, no way to distinguish the calendars (unless a calender has a company wide unique name, which is currently not the case). And the order of appearance change unknown after a restart.

Strange enough, all the calendars that should appear (approx 50 calendars per user, calendar often are named the same by each user) showed and did not show.
We need a view where we can distinguish these calendars easily.

Checking the settings in the Webclient: Sharing a calendar I see a difference from old to new, see image.
1. What is the difference between "everybody on the server" (Jeder von Server) and "everybody on mathis-meier.ch" (Jeder von mathis-meier.ch).
2. How can we arrange/distinguish calendars in iCal similar as they showed up before 8.2.2?
We use OSX 10.6.x, 10.7.x, 10.8.x no Maverik yet!

Kind regards
Peter

•  
boros

Its really the same in our Company. We have 80 Licenses with 70 % Mac Users on ical.
Before 8.2 sharing calendars across the company was easy.

We can call 8.2 a breaking change !

I'm not making any Update till there is a way to have a clean sharing of 50 + calendars in ical.

I´m already searching for alternatives. If there is no Solution there is also no reason for me to pay any more subscription.

Regards

David
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Shared CalDAV calendars in Apple Calendar are displayed in a user account. Delegated calendars (ie. where you can make also meeting requests and accept responses in other user's calendar) are treated better way in Apple Calendars and can be opened in a new window, for example. This is how Apple Calendar application is designed.

In older Kerio Connect versions the shared calendars were incorrectly presented as delegated to Apple iCal clients. This was no longer compatible with new Mavericks Calendar application so now the calendars are presented in CalDAV in the way how Apple designed in his clients.
  •  
boros

As I read your E-Mail - I thought: Oh there is a way . I have only to delegate all calendars instead of give write- access.

Then I Installed a fresh vmware Template from you website to make a quick try.

But its not a way to go... Delegation to "all in Domain" is no Option.

And I dont know whats the problem. iCal (Calendar) in 10.9 runns well with Kerio 8.1 and oldschool delegation.

Outlook 2010/2013 seems to be like always. No change at all.

This feature is deep into our Workflow. I cannot say "oops it´s gone".

Regards

David
  •  
star7591

Pavel, thank you for your answer. At least some clarification.
First:
Do you have any idea, why the listing of the calendars seems to be random, even after ordering them? And what causes to not appear at all (for some of them)?

Second: Since delegation includes sending/receiving Mail for another user, this cannot be the solution company wide.

Third: As a workaround we did stop synchronizing the shared calendars and added in iCal the other users as additional accounts. Not the preferred way but at least user have a similar feeling as before.

Kind regards
Peter
Previous Topic: Change backup archiver (ZIP) in Kerio connect 8.2.x
Next Topic: SSL Problems after moving server
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Aug 24 05:20:36 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00379 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.