Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Network storage over NFSv4 problems - Kerio 8.2.x (Errors with locking files on high load over NFSv4 ...)
  •  
prognosis

Send a private message to this user
We have Linux version Kerio connect 8.2.x (64bit) and our mail storage is connected over NFSv4.
When there is a "high load" (many people logged-in over Kerio connector, and some over web), I get error in syslog - "NFS: nfs4_reclaim_open_state: Lock reclaim failed!".
This bug is known to be related in some kernels, but I got them independent of kernel version. When this error arrive, it's impossible for that user to login to mail account. Login is possible after NFS lock timeout.

My questions are: Are there any plans to officialy support network storage over NFS?
Would this problem disappear when I use NFSv3 and would it be safe? (NFSv3 don't support locking)
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Kerio Connect does not support network filesystems. Server require fast, reliable and low latency storage for message store.
Please use a local filesystem such as ext2, ext3 or ext4.
  •  
prognosis

Please try to tell this all clients which uses network storage with their DB and life-critical systems over multiple fiber connections Wink
We globaly use ext4. NFSv4 export is on ext4 too and has possibility to connect over 4 physical interfaces together. It's not cheap small dumb NAS Smile
I have reasons for not to use iSCSI and to use NFS.

My second question was: Are there any plans to officialy support network storage over NFS?
  •  
Mark Price (Kerio)

Hi Prognosis

I'm sorry, but we currently have no plans to support NFS at this time. But, You can use the suggest idea feature to add to the feature request list.

I hope this helps.

Mark Price
Kerio technical support.

Log Support Incidents here: http://www.kerio.com/support
Also, please use our KB: http://kb.kerio.com
  •  
Tuxis

The .nfs causing reindexing issue is fixed in 8.5 btw.

Tip for filelocking:
We use NFS V3 with setting local_lock=all and that works fine.
Previous Topic: DKIM Enable
Next Topic: Failed 'Contacts' sync after recent Kerio Connect Update
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Oct 20 07:10:59 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00426 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.