Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio Connect migration (How to migrate everything from Kerio 7.2 to Kerio 8.2)
  •  
ivan.gulan

Send a private message to this user
Hello

I am begginer in a world of Kerio. Cca two years ago I installed Kerio Connect 7.2 on Win2008R2 server, just to try what Kerio can offer to us. We had certain problems, like hanging and freezing, duplicate mails etc. So we invested in hardware, got openSUSE and bought new version of Kerio 8.2. So, we would like to transfer all mail accounts from old server, including contacts and calendar, if possible. Kerio Migration tool transfers only mail messages. Is there any way to transfer it all, preferably during the weekend (40 users cca 500mb inbox each)?

Thank you very much!
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Transfer from what mailsystem?

In a long term I recommend to use Debian or RedHat based systems instead of openSUSE.
  •  
ivan.gulan

Hello Pavel!

Thank you for your quick response.

I am transferring from Kerio 7.2.x which was installed on old server with Win2008R2 to Kerio 8.2.2 which is installed on new server with openSUSE. Of course, I can remove openSUSE and install Debian, but only if that is strongly recommended.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

It is very likely that Debian will be supported in many Kerio Connect versions yet to come. openSUSE is used very rarely so it may not be supported in the future.
  •  
ivan.gulan

Thank you Pavel!

But I must admit that I am kinda fishy about that linked method, especially when there is transfer from Windows to Linux. Also, does that metod transfer contacts too?

Best regards Pavel!
  •  
My IT Indy

**Full Disclosure, we are a partner in this app**

Check out EmailPhoenix:

http://emailphoenix.com/

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
Previous Topic: Active Sync via Apache Proxy
Next Topic: SpamAssassin ClamAV Plugin in 8.2+?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Aug 23 14:04:01 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00501 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.