Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » resources since v8.2
  •  
matthias_wi

Send a private message to this user
Hi, before updating to Version 8.2 our resources were called by their description.
This means when using calendar on Mac OS I typed „room" in the location field to get all conference rooms displayed. Since the update to 8.2 it's no longer possible to call a resource by the description which makes renaming it impossible.

Even when viewing the calendars of the resources they aren't no longer named by the description.

Is it possible to revert this behavior (so the resource-description gets displayed everywhere)?
  •  
Mark Price (Kerio)

Hi Matthias

I have to mention that you need to invite a resource as an invitee, we don't use the Location field in Apple iCal/Calendar.

I hope this helps.

Mark Price
Kerio technical support.

Log Support Incidents here: http://www.kerio.com/support
Also, please use our KB: http://kb.kerio.com
  •  
matthias_wi

Hi, well i have to correct you. Since v8.2.2 it is possible again to use the location field in Apple iCal/Calendar. But that is not our problem.

Our main-problem is, when i search for a resource (by beginning to type its name) i get the resources displayed by its description (as it is defined in the admin-interface) but in the webinterface and/or Apple iCal/Calendar the resource is displayed by its name.

Previously (before v8.2) on both places the „description" was used to display the resource.

It would be very helpful to revert it, so we can again use the description to name our rooms.

[Updated on: Thu, 13 February 2014 14:05]

•  
Mark Price (Kerio)

A quick question then? Do you have Apple Addressbook/Contacts set up to connect to Kerio? if so, you need to use our 'Intergration with mac' Account Assistant to set both Addressbook and iCal up for any form of autocomplete to work as it uses Address book for this feature.
Do not use 'Exchange' accounts for this as it will not work.

try this and let me know please?

Mark Price
Kerio technical support.

•  
matthias_wi

Hi, I guess I didn't express myself right.

Yes we are using the "Integration with mac"-Package to setup everything. The autocompletion does work.

But our problem is something different. How can we rename the resources (marked with a circle in the screenshot) as they are displayed in iCal/Calendar? It would be a great advantage to have the same name (i.e. "Raum Aula") in both places, the autocompletion and the sidebar, where the subscribed calendars are displayed.

We have been using it that way (both places displaying the description) for the last two years until we updated to v8.2.

Thanks in advance.

•  
Mark Price (Kerio)

Ah, thank you for clarifying this.

Alas, I'm afraid we use the resource name, not the description.

You should consider naming resources as you wish them to appear in Webmail/Calendar/iCal as a suggestion.

I hope this helps.

Mark Price
Kerio technical support.

•  
matthias_wi

OK, just to get it clear.

Since we are using this system since two years and before Kerio v8.2 the description was displayed on any client (Mac OS 10.6, 10.7, 10.8) we used this to match the resources in iCal to the real names of our meeting rooms. But now the real names of the meeting rooms should be changed so we would need to be able to change them in iCal. Is there a way to rename resources?

As far as I have seen it in the admin-interface it is not possible to rename a resource (only to change the description).
And if we would create a new resource with the new name, then export every booking from the calendar of the old resource an import this to the new resource, every link between the event that booked the resource and the resource itself would be broken.

Can you give us a suggestion how to deal with this?

[Updated on: Fri, 14 February 2014 09:17]

•  
forum69

I read the last post.

Almost one hundred ressources have been configured on our Kerio server !

Upgrade from 7.4 to 8.2 is scheduled. But when I read this thread, I'm afraid about how to deal this another specific point ???

Renaming the ressources is not a solution for an enterprise software solution.

And moreover, if I remember, renaming a ressource is not dynamic. The client have to delete it from it's iCal calendar and add it again with it's new name to make the change effective ?

•  
matthias_wi

Hi, forum69, did you rename a resource? How have you done this?

Our problem is, our resource-name doesn't match our resource-description.
So, if your resource-name is valid you would get problems with the update, but if it differs from your description (which was displayed before v8.2) you will notice other names appear in iCal, etc.
Previous Topic: Reason: 554 Certificate rejected over TLS.
Next Topic: Sync/Failover
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Oct 21 01:27:41 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00474 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.