Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Resources and Outlook errors
  •  
chrwei

Send a private message to this user
I'd like to use Resources for booking meeting rooms. seem to work in a way I'd expect from the web client, but not from outlook.

In outlook, the "location" field is not populated with a list of resources. Adding the resource contact from the "resources in public folders" results in a free/busy error balloon, of which i cannot see the whole message but does say "general failure" and shows part of the URL, and no availability populated.

am I doing it wrong?
  •  
Vicky

Hi Chrwei,

It is not designed to use the 'Location' field in Outlook. When trying to book a resource the recommended way to do this is to invite the room just like you would another user on Kerio Connect. This way the resource will get an invite, check its free/busy info and then either accept or decline depending on the availability of the resource.

I hope this helps,
Vicky
  •  
chrwei

ok. then, my free/busy give an error balloon, where can I see the full error to track down why that's failing?
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

chrwei wrote on Fri, 21 February 2014 15:39
ok. then, my free/busy give an error balloon, where can I see the full error to track down why that's failing?

Outlook does not show full error text. You need to open Internet Explorer and put the URL (or at least https://hostname) showed in a ballon into the browser to verify that your server SSL certificate is trusted in your Windows client and you are using the same hostname as the one the certificate was created for.
Previous Topic: Loading IE
Next Topic: Sync manager is not enabled
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Sep 23 05:43:12 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00442 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.