Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio connect vs. ActiveSync
  •  
Zygmunt

Send a private message to this user
Dear,

I just found some issue concerning Active Sync (EAS) client what needs S/MIME format of synced emails. As I checked it connects Kerio server using EAS version 12.0, which cause mail body truncated to 3KB making it invisible.
Is it any possibility on the server side to enforce EAS version used by a client to 2.5?
Thanks for help,
Z
  •  
Petr Silar (Kerio)

Hi,
- EAS specification requires server to offer all its supported versions of EAS protocol and let client (i.e. mobile device) to choose its best.
- If device receives truncated body of a message it's just because it asked the server this way (note that response dumps are truncated in debug.log). The approach differs between devices but generally device first asks for some message fragment (let say those 3 KB) to be able to show something in the list of messages and possibly in some message preview and only when user really opens the message, device asks for the whole message.
From your description, it seems as device's problem to me. However if you feel it's Connect bug, please open ticket with our support.

Anyway, what's the device w/ this issue and what's version of your Connect server?
  •  
Zygmunt

Petr,
I do believe the issue is on the client side. Just wondering if there is a possibility to force client to avoid wrong inquiry...
Thanks for the info, it's should help.
  •  
Petr Silar (Kerio)

Zygmunt,
unfortunately, there is no such function in Connect to force some EAS version for some specific devices configurable by a user.
If you feel this is a useful feature you may vote for it on UserVoice accessible from admin console or Web Client.
Previous Topic: mail disappears / Inconsistent message index detected in folder ~
Next Topic: forward email looses attachment
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Aug 22 18:50:13 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00411 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.