Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Apple Mail 4.6 problem (how to setup the connection?)
  •  
AndreasL

Send a private message to this user
What we have:
Kerio Connect 8.2.2 (2224) runing on Windows Server
An Apple Mac OSX 10.6.8 laptop with Apple Mail 4.6
All other clients running windows.

Kerio stay inside a company, the internet router forward port 80/443 to the Kerio server. External Windows clients with Koff running well, accessing the Kerio server over a dyndns address. Apple iPhones with Exchange profiles runs well too.

I cannot setup a laptop running Mac OSx 10.6.8 and Apple Mail 4.6.

I try tu use the Mail profile 'Exchange 2007' and can get mails but cant send mails. I cant use Exchance imap. There is no port forward for imap/smtp from outside the company to the Kerio server.

If I try to reply a test message with Exchange2007 Setting I get the following error:

This Mail cant be send ...
MAPI to MIME conversion failed
(kerio::mailserver::services::ews::detail::MapiConvertorProx y::Impl::getSenders: Missing senderemail address, cannot send.)

I can see the sender email address in my mail ...
Any clues or ideas? How to bring it to work?
BTW: I'm a Windows user. Apple is something strange and unknown for me.

Regards
Andreas
  •  
Mark Price (Kerio)

Hi Andreast

I'm sorry to say, but we do not support 'exchange 2007' with Apple mail, only IMAP and Exchange/IMAP. You would need to have secure IMAP open and forwarded to the Connect server for this to work externally.

Either that, or the user can use the webmail client.

I hope this helps.

Mark Price
Kerio technical support.

Log Support Incidents here: http://www.kerio.com/support
Also, please use our KB: http://kb.kerio.com
  •  
AndreasL

Thanks for the Answer. She dont like the Web-client ... I must see what can I do for her.
Previous Topic: Second antivirus because Sophos integrated is not enough
Next Topic: How to filter .exe-files in zip-attachments? (Cryptolocker)
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Aug 21 00:58:49 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00498 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.