Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Removing a user resets resource access rights.
  •  
Charles B

Send a private message to this user
Has anyone else dealt with this issue already? I reported this issue as a bug, but then started wondering it it is perhaps a 'feature'. I expect that when I remove one person, the other permissions on shared resources will be unchanged, but maybe I'm not looking at it right.

I just confirmed that when you remove a user that has access rights to a shared resource (direct, not via group permissions), Kerio Connect changes the access rights for other users of that resource back to whatever original read-only status was originally defined for it. I haven't tested this on public folders yet.

It has taken a while to figure out why sometimes the access rights on resources revert to read only, or are otherwise messed up. With several part-time admins, we've just been assuming someone else screwed it up.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Remove a user from the Accounting department calendar.
2. Wait for the phone calls because nobody can add events to the accounting calendar.

Steps to reproduce for bug reporting purposes:

In Connect admin console:
Create a resource calendar
Add some groups and a couple users to it.
since you can't see or change permissions in the Kerio Connect Client, switch to old webmail.

In old webmail:
Right-click on the new calendar and go to Access Rights.
Observe all the added groups/users permissions are read-only.
Change a few of them to Editor or Admin. Save.
Maybe add a couple more users. Save.
Test if you want, to make sure users or groups can create appointments in the resource.

Back in Connect Admin Console,
In Users, highlight one of the users and select Remove.
Be sure the "Also delete alias...." Checkbox is ticked.
Click OK.

Back in old webmail:
View access rights on the resource.
Observe that all the permissions you had earlier set to Editor or Admin, are now reset back to read-only, and any users that were added via old webmail are no longer there.

Mid 2015: Quit Kerio and moved to Exchange 2013 and Meraki.
Kerio Control 8.4.0--Used since it was WinRoute, many years ago
Kerio Connect 8.4.0 on Ubuntu. Bought Connect just in time for the switch to NO SUPPORT(aka pay for support). Not. Happy.
  •  
Mark Price (Kerio)

Send a private message to this user
Hi Charles

I've tried the above method you highlighted and everything is working correctly on my 8.2.2 test system. I cannot reproduce this I'm afraid.

As it is, you should always treat resource calendars as different to normal calendars. all users should be read only, this reduces any potential conflicts when dealing with invited resources.

I hope this helps.

Mark Price
Kerio technical support.

Log Support Incidents here: http://www.kerio.com/support
Also, please use our KB: http://kb.kerio.com
Previous Topic: Web Mail Scroll Bars Printing???
Next Topic: Alternative to Outlook
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Oct 22 21:15:37 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00406 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.