Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Suppressing the old webmail access (Suppressing the old webmail access)
  •  
forum69

Send a private message to this user
Hello,

Is there a way to suppress the ability for a user to access to the old webmail interface (V 8.1 and 8.2) ?

We would like that everyone switches to the Kerioconnect client when the V-7.4 platform will be upgraded to the 8.1.

Thank,

lv.
  •  
Vicky

Hello,

There is not a supported way to do this but if you want users to always go to the New WebMail you can enable in the WebAdmin->Configuration->Advanced Options->WebMail->Default web client and from there you can choose the 'Kerio Connect Client'. This will at least have the new WebMail be the default client for the web browser users.

If you want to remove the access to the old WebMail completely then you will have to remove the link in the menu in the Kerio Connect Client. This is not something for the faint hearted as you will need to edit java scripts. The WebMail folder is located at /kerio/mailserver/web. From there you will have to edit the files to exclude the option to swap to old WebMail but I do not know which files you would have to edit.

If you wish to do this then I would strongly suggest doing this in a test environment and then you have to keep in mind that any upgrades you do would run the risk of over-writing the changes you make to the default webmail files.

I would recommend that you list a feature request via the WebAdmin 'Suggest Idea' button to list a feature request to have an option to lock out the old WebMail completely.

I hope this points you in the right direction.
All the best,
Vicky
  •  
forum69

Thank for this fast and detailed response Smile

I'm going to test your solution on a test platform.

lv.
  •  
TedTofield

I would advise against restricting access completely however as there a re several functions which are still only available via the "old" webmail.... setting the new webmail as the default seems sensible though.
Previous Topic: bug in User Acces Policy
Next Topic: Mavericks and Connect Server Network Crashes
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 17 22:27:57 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00361 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.