Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio Connect 8.3.0 Beta2: Import CA
  •  
valshare

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

i have installed the latest Kerio Connect 8.3 Beta 2. In the manual you wrote:

Please make sure that a root certificate of every CA (Certificate Authority), which issues personal certificates for your users, gets imported into the server system certificate store. Any user certificate issued by a CA whose root certificate isn't there will not be considered valid. Users with such certificates won't be able to sign/encrypt messages
until this is fixed.

I have copied the CA class1 and class3 from CACert to the /opt/kerio/mailserver/sslca/ directory under linux and restartet the mailserver. My importet certificates shows as valid. I have send a signed Mail from User A to User B. Both have installed valid certificates. After User B has received the signed message from User A and wand to reply cryptet ... i get the message "no valid certificate available". Whats the problem?

If i send a cryptet mail from my mail client and look into the web interface ... i can decrypt the message but i can't reply or write a cryptet message from the web interface.

Regards, Valshare

[Updated on: Thu, 20 February 2014 18:51]

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

It says "gets imported into the server system certificate store". Which means you have to import them to your operating system (Windows certificate store, system Keychain on Mac etc.). For Linux you need package ca-certificate and then import root certificate with update-ca-certificates or update-ca-trust - depending on your distribution).

[Updated on: Thu, 20 February 2014 19:25]

•  
valshare

Hi Pavel, thanx for fast answer.

I used debian linux. There are already the cacert.pem files in the /etc/ssl/certs that comes with debian. But i can't crypt over the web interface. Any other hint?
  •  
Lionel Hutts

That's great news with S/MIME support!

It is only possible in Kerio Connect client or also in combination with Outlook and KOFF?
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Lionel Hutts wrote on Wed, 26 February 2014 11:23
That's great news with S/MIME support!

It is only possible in Kerio Connect client or also in combination with Outlook and KOFF?

It has been always possible with Outlook and KOFF. In every Kerio Connect version.
  •  
Lionel Hutts

Yes, I now - a client-side configuration in Outlook but no central certificate store on Kerio server with automatic encryption and decryption.

Or do I misunderstand the new feature?
  •  
valshare

Quote:
Hi Pavel, thanx for fast answer.

I used debian linux. There are already the cacert.pem files in the /etc/ssl/certs that comes with debian. But i can't crypt over the web interface. Any other hint?

can anyone help?
Previous Topic: welche Archivierungslösung setzt ihr ein? GDPdU
Next Topic: Proper SSL Certificate Installation
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 20:31:55 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00396 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.