Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Connect & Operator integration issues
  •  
macinfosys

Send a private message to this user
I am not sure if this is a configuration issue or a simple overlook on functionality.

Here is the scenario:

Operator:
User1 has email address: user1<_at_>domainname.com
User2 has email address: user2<_at_>domainname.com

Connect has valid email accounts for user1 and user2 matching what is listed above.

In Connect those users email accounts FORWARD to another email address in the same connect server called: support<_at_>domainname.com

I have tried to forward with and without the email residing in the users inbox.

Basically what happens is that the mail is put into the user1 and user2 inbox but the mail forward function never takes place to support email address.

I am assuming Operator is PLACING the file into the inbox and it never goes through the standard SMTP comm to evoke the forward function ?

Can I setup both users in operator to just have support<_at_>domainname.com inside operator so the mail directly appears in the support inbox in Connect ?

What are my options ?
  •  
macinfosys

To add to this:

Basically the integration function does NOT process the forward feature of the users email account in Connect. Sad

So even if I wanted to setup each Operator account to save to the support email, if Support has a forward function, that forward never takes place. The only way I was able to have the forward paths to work I had to turn off the Integration. And once I do that the voicemail links between Operator and Connect no longer function. Sad

There are a few emails that have the forward functions active but the rest of the users don't and the integration would really help them!

Another feature / option to add that would be great is to allow individual user / voicemail account setting to flush voicemail after set amount of date (as they age so the voicemail box does not fill up and no longer receive new messages.)

In the mean time is there a fix for the forwarding feature above ?

[Updated on: Sat, 22 February 2014 18:06]

•  
macinfosys

One more question / concern with the integration solution. We have users on the system that are contractors that have extensions but have an outside email address. Having a one or the other function limits the ability to use the integration feature across the whole system. The benefit is there and is great for most users but once you add in a single outside email user the system no longer becomes a valid option.

Any way to implement the configuration on a per user setup instead of a whole server ?

Or allow a check where mail.xyz.com domain uses integration and all other domains go through the SMTP setup ?
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

You can disable voicemail on a per-user basis, so that others can keep using the integration. I am not sure this would be a solution for your contractors, though.
  •  
macinfosys

Vladimir Toncar (Kerio) wrote on Tue, 25 February 2014 01:38
You can disable voicemail on a per-user basis, so that others can keep using the integration. I am not sure this would be a solution for your contractors, though.

Vladimir,

Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately that is not a valid option since all users especially the contractors would benefit from an email/voicemail option. It is unfortunate that there is an integration option within the system and that is one feature that people like to see since they are using Kerio Connect also but when it is limited on it's usability as described, it forces us to turn it off and go back to old fashion configurations and having to manage voicemails and emails separately. Sad

Previous Topic: Kerio Operator Security
Next Topic: Snom 870 web access requesting user name / pw
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Oct 18 09:18:39 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00456 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.