Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Recovering Calendars and Contacts
  •  
gskibum

Send a private message to this user
I am rather familiar with a Kerio Connect I inherited via a new client about 2-3 years ago. It's updated to 8.2.

I've been looking into deploying another Kerio Connect and want to better understand the backup and restore features, especially for individual users. I've been testing with an evaluation copy.

My primary question is whether it is possible to restore individual calendars, calendar events, address books and address book entries for individual users. I am comfortable with either the GUI or the command line.

I was working with the "Recover Deleted Items" feature, but that seems to be only for items that have been automatically cleaned out. Is that correct?

I've been through a full kmsrecover so I'm already familiar with that. Oh do I want to forget that day!Smile

Thank you.
  •  
Vicky

Hello,

Basically yes you can recover individual calendar folders and/or contact folders. You would need to use KMSrecover with some extra options. Take a look at these 2 KB articles for a little more detail:

http://kb.kerio.com/1142
http://kb.kerio.com/1141

The one thing to keep in mind is that if the folder you want to restore is a sub-folder then you have to restore the parent folder as well. What we normally suggest in this scenario is to restore the parent folder to a different location and then you can copy the sub-folder into the users folder in the server.

I hope this helps you out.

All the best,
Vicky
  •  
gskibum

Thank you for the reply. This was very helpful!

Sorry for my delay. Been drowning in work!

[Updated on: Wed, 05 March 2014 18:34]

•  
Vicky

Hi Gary,

When aren't we busy with work Wink

Glad to hear the info was helpful.

All the best,
Vicky
  •  
giobbi

On major drawback with KMSRecover - you have to shutdown server during the restore process.
  •  
Vicky

Hi Piero,

That is correct you do have to stop Kerio Connect in order to run kmsrecover. However what I have had some customers do in the past is install Kerio Connect on a spare machine and run kmsrecover on another machine and that way the primary mailserver stays up and you can recover the data on a different machine without having downtime.

I hope that helps,
Vicky
Previous Topic: Office 64Bit
Next Topic: Mailing List issues
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Oct 19 03:33:05 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00429 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.