Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Merging Exchange to an existing Kerio Connect (Company merging)
  •  
AndreasL

Send a private message to this user
I have a company with an existing Kerio Connect. They merge with an other company who bring his own old hardware to the company. They use Exchange on Windows SBS2011 an I have to bring it to Kerio.

I'm not use Exchange in the past so I have no knowledge in this system. I see that an Kerio assistent exists to migrate Exchange to Kerio Connect but I cant find out if this works only to a new, empty Connet installation or to an exist installation too.

I must handle only 12 mail accounts with 50GB of content. Can I setup Koff for Outook on the Echange clients to use drag and drop? This would be the easy way for me to move the Exchange mails to Kerio.

Regards
Andreas
  •  
Pavel Špalek (Kerio)

Kerio Exchange migration tool (KEMT) can be used with any Connect installation. You can select users from Exchange to be migrated, and even if the user exists in Connect, the data (e-mails, contacts, calendars,...) are added to the existing mailbox.
You can use KOFF too, but it will be more time consuming.

Pavel Špalek
developer - Kerio Connect
  •  
AndreasL

Thank you, this sounds nice.
  •  
AndreasL

Now I run in a little problem... my Kerio has an other e-mail domain as the Exchange installation. If I try to migrate the tool create a second domain and put the user in this one. It dont allow me to select an existing Kerio user from the other domain to merge it.

The problem behind this: there is no free license left to create another Kerio user.

If I have a free license I can do it, kill the new one after finish the migration and say that all content should be moved to the other existing user while deleting the first one.

Is there any way to select the destination Kerio user as target? I migrate one by one.

Regards
Andreas
  •  
Pavel Špalek (Kerio)

Disabled users are excluded from licence count, so you can disable existing users, migrate new one and then delete old users and move their data to the new mailboxes.
It's not possible to select target users for migration.

Pavel Špalek
developer - Kerio Connect
  •  
AndreasL

Ah, nice trick! This is an good idea, thanks for sharing. I will give it a try.

Regards
Andreas
Previous Topic: Apple and ports/services
Next Topic: Message could not be synchronized
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Aug 16 15:22:37 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00430 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.