Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Snom 870 web access requesting user name / pw
  •  
macinfosys

Send a private message to this user
I just took a new Snom 870 and updated it's firmware through the Kerio provisioning and activated the phone. But upon doing so I can no longer access it's web interface.

I did some digging and found a very old response on on Snom's forum regarding a "registered account" and how the phone sets the account name and registrar as the user name and the password of the account as the password.

the example they state is:

user name: registrar\account
PW: account password

I have tried many different combinations and nothing seems to work!

I have set a master PW on the auto provisioning of Kerio. I have tried many different combo's with no success but I have a feeling it is to do with the registrar\account combo I am not understanding. Any help from any other users with provisioned Snom phones that are able to access the web interface would be appreciated.

[Updated on: Thu, 27 February 2014 00:55]

•  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Hi

What fw did you upgrade to?

Have you tried a factory reset < http://wiki.snom.com/FAQ/How_can_I_reset_all_passwords_in_SN OM870%3F> ?

Filip
  •  
macinfosys

Firmware 8.7.4.8

Yes I have done the full reset with no issues. I am able to get back into the phone's web admin as it is reset and looses all settings including provisioning. But if I re-provision the phone through Kerio it goes right back to the same issue.

I guess I could just manually setup the phone. Is there documentation on manual configuration of the 870 with Kerio ?
  •  
macinfosys

I just received this from the Snom forum site:

I would suggest to look for the settings http_user and http_pass in your provisioning file!!

Probably you provision those two settings too.
  •  
macinfosys

problem is I have tried even those passwords and still nothing.

Going back to Snom forum to see what other options there are. I guess manual configuration is the only real solution here. Sad when the whole idea of provisioning for better control / management is one of the selling points...
  •  
macinfosys

Quick update for web admin on the Snom 870

User name is: admin

PW becomes: Master password for phones (enabled and set in Phone Provisioning settings)
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Hi,

all phones are configured with an individual password from provisioning (screen Phones). In addition, there is a master password feature which overrides this behavior and makes all phones use the same password. Username differs among phone brands, but usually it is "admin".

I wanted to navigate you to a KB article, but unfortunately it contains some misleading information. We'll have to fix it.

Filip
Previous Topic: Connect & Operator integration issues
Next Topic: IVR?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 24 13:11:30 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00496 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.