Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio Upgrade 8.1.1 -> 8.2.2 (Upgrade query)
  •  
googsy

Send a private message to this user
Hello

I'm due to upgrade my company's Kerio Connect mail server from version 8.1.1 to 8.2.2. The OS is Windows Server 2003 standard edition ( 32bit ). Eventually it will be migrated to a new server, 2012r2.

I note there are some software versions in between these versions, eg 8.2.0. My question is, do I have to upgrade to the next version or can I go direct from 8.1.1 to 8.2.2 ? I plan to do a complete backup of the software before doing this, are there any other caveats I need to be aware of ?

Thanks in advance

Andy
  •  
Neil Whiteside (Kerio)

Hello Googsy,

You should be able to go straight from 8.1.1 to 8.2.2. The installation process shouldn't take long, but some post installation upgrades that go on may degrade performance whilst they run.

You should also check if there are a lot of logs in the log folder; it may be worth moving them to a different location before doing the upgrade - Kerio Connect can appear to stall, or fail to start, if there are a large number of logs.

And you will need to ensure that your Software Maintenance is valid.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Neil.

Knowledge Base: http://kb.kerio.com/.
Looking for technical support? http://www.kerio.com/support
  •  
googsy

Ok thanks Neil, will give it a go tomorrow and use your advice on the logs.
Previous Topic: Upgrade from 7.4.3 to 8.2.2 windows 2008 32-bit
Next Topic: Compose new mail window automatically minimizing?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Oct 21 14:21:26 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00382 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.