Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Compose new mail window automatically minimizing? (I have two systems experiencing this problem)
  •  
altreality

Send a private message to this user
Hi Everyone,
I have two systems experiencing this issue.

We run Kerio Connect 8.0.2 build 1117
Both systems are on Windows XP, with IE 8, and they are fully patched.
Both users are using the legacy Kerio Connect Web interface.
When these users log in, and click to compose a new message, they get the new message popup window, and it minimizes while they are typing their message. One of them is able to 'restore' the window to normal size and continue typing (only to have it minimize again a few minutes later) but the other one gets an immediate re-minimization unless he maximizes the window. This appears to happen only to the new message window and only in the old interface.

It seems like it may be tied to the individual user account as well, but I do not see an option that has anything to do with this, nor do I know why a user account setting would have any impact on IE windows minimization. When I sign in with my own account, the windows do not minimize. When we use the new interface, the new message window is not a popup and the problem does not happen. These users do not like the new interface (neither do I to be honest...it seems much slower than then old one).

Have any of you experienced this issue? Does anyone have any suggestions? Any way to correct this issue I could try?
We have traded out keyboards..run anti-virus/malware scans..restored IE to default settings.. Run a repair on IE... I'm thinking about renaming their folder in the mail store, and deleting and re-creating their accounts...but that seems like it will be more trouble than it is worth. I don't want to force them to use the new interface, but I guess I will if that's what it comes down to.

Thanks,
Jeremy
Previous Topic: Kerio Upgrade 8.1.1 -> 8.2.2
Next Topic: Unable to start XMPP "Port is Probably being used"
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 17 00:02:36 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00429 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.