Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio Maintenance
  •  
TheMilkMen

Send a private message to this user
I am running a Kerio Connect Server on Debian 7 64-Bit for 25 users.

The built in backup runs everyday (Full on Monday and then Incremental until sunday) which I move to different server.

Is there any other routine maintenance I should be running or anyone would recommend?.

I keep Debian up to date and I keep Kerio up to date but I know that when we where on Exchange the database would need dragging and other exchange maintenance needed to be run.

Any assistance is appreciated.

Many thanks

James
  •  
Vicky

Hi James,

One thing I would recommend is getting your users to go through and clear out any items they don't need. We often see users get folders with huge amounts of emails in a single folder. I would suggest making sure that the users do not have folders that have more than 10,000 items per folder. If the users can maintain their folders this will help the server perform as best it can.

Another thing to keep an eye on is the size of the Kerio logs. If they grow too large they can cause the server to dip in performance so check the log size regularly or you can select each log, right click in the right hand window, go to 'Log Settings' and enable log rotation.

Any thats just my 2 cents.

All the best,
Vicky
  •  
TheMilkMen

Thanks

I'll check both straight away

James
Previous Topic: Samung Phone GT-N7100 GT-I9505
Next Topic: Trouble with SPAMCOP and Spamhaus Zen?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 02:13:43 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00424 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.