Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Mavericks Mail issue
  •  
macjimbo

Send a private message to this user
I've seen similar threads but not exactly the same as my issue, which is that Apple Mail will frequently (several times a day) stop receiving emails from Kerio Connect.

The Mail activity window shows several threads which appear to be 'stuck' and they will remain stuck until I click the red 'stop' button. Once I've stopped the threads, everything suddenly works again and Mail comes pouring in. This often results in numerous threads starting and stopping, the activity window goes a bit mad and the CPU usage goes through the roof (and the fan on my MBP starts up).

Everything was fine before I upgraded to Mavericks, I'm now on 10.9.2 and the problem remains. I'm running the latest KC server on a Mac Mini (OS X Server 10.6.Cool.

Originally I had my KC accounts set as Exchange IMAP (I run 2 KC servers for 2 different companies) but I've changed them to IMAP (as I believe Exchange IMAP is no longer supported) but again this made no difference.

Mail comes through to iPad and iPhone without a hitch.

Hope someone can help?

Thx

James
  •  
Neil Whiteside (Kerio)

Hi James,

This appears to be an issue with Apple Mail in Mavericks, which is not confined to Kerio Connect servers, but many other providers. It's generally being talked about in forums across the web, and the 10.9.2 update from Apple was expected to fix it.

Sadly it appears not in some cases.

We're keeping our eye on it, but the workarounds appear clunky.

Best regards,

Neil.

Knowledge Base: http://kb.kerio.com/.
Looking for technical support? http://www.kerio.com/support
  •  
macjimbo

Hi yes I figured this was a Mavericks issue - although I can find no other reference to this specific problem anywhere on Apple's forums. There were several complaints of a similar issue with gmail accounts but this was allegedly fixed in 10.9.1. Can you please point me in the direction of other forums discussing this issue as I can't find any. Thank you.
  •  
My IT Indy

Macjimbo, here's Apple's acknowledgement of the bug:

http://ryangrim.es/1kGzB3w

Also, 10.9.3 is in testing so hopefully they can kill this thing dead soon.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
macjimbo

many thanks for this, here's hoping...
  •  
giobbi

This happens for us too, on 10.8.5 users, rare but happens.
  •  
tonyswu

Here are some things that may help:

1. Under Preferences -> General, change syncing frequency from Automatically to every 5 or 10 minutes.
2. Save draft emails locally instead of on the server.
3. Under Accounts -> Advanced, turn off use IDLE command.
Previous Topic: User doesn't want to have access to public folders - but he has
Next Topic: Combining two servers
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Aug 20 02:18:54 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00463 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.