Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Kerio as a Proxy Server (How to connect to Kerio with IP and port like proxy servers?)
  •  
natasha

Send a private message to this user
Hi,
I am using Kerio 7.4.2 build 5136.

Is there any option that I can connect my devices (usually mobile devices) to Kerio server like a proxy server?
(Something like the attached picture number 1)

And here is my Kerio Admin setting which I've tried all options without success.
(Attached picture number 2)

./fa/3337/0/

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Thank you in Advance.

•  
silars

That is the option. Have you configured the devices to use a proxy? Your automatic script doesn't point them at the non-transparent proxy. That means manual configuration.
  •  
natasha

Thank you for your response.

Yes, I've configured my device proxy.

I just want to make sure the senario is OK for my question.

Would you please explain me a little bit more about "automatic script" and "non-transparent proxy"? Are there any options that I have to use them?

Thanks.

[Updated on: Sun, 02 March 2014 20:11]

•  
silars

Browers can download their proxy configurations automatically (learned via DHCP or DNS). That option should tell Control to configure a script for use that tells the browsers how to behave.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proxy_auto-config

Based on your responses, it would appear everything should be working. Are you seeing problems?

•  
natasha

I need the proxy for my device and I set it like the picture below.

But it's not working. I don't have the internet after active the proxy. What is the problem?

./fa/3339/0/

• Attachment: wp8-proxy.png
    (Size: 32.41KB, Downloaded 1259 times)
  •  
silars

If you did not alter the proxy port in Control, the port should be 3128 instead of 8181. Windows Phone does support WPAD.
  •  
natasha

Thank you for the response.

This is my configuration:

./fa/3340/0/

So what is the problem?
Why I don't have the internet after setup the proxy for my WP8?

And I have the authentication for my VPN Client users.
Does the proxy need the authentication?

Thank you in Advance.

Previous Topic: I was wrong, when I installed ?
Next Topic: Cannot Configure kerio-control-vpnclient in ubuntu 12.04 64bit
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Oct 23 22:48:10 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00477 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.