Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » wake-up function
  •  
matthiawi

Send a private message to this user
I am looking for a wake-up function for example in the DHCP module? I can not find it or is something in preparation?

At the moment the only way "etherwake -i eth0 00:00:00:00:00:00"

This is very cumbersome. Is there another solution?
Is it possible somewhere to store your own script?
  •  
silars

Wake-on-LAN functionality typically falls outside the routing/firewall realm. More often, you find this function in the network management or server management infrastructure.

However, from the Control dashboard, you can submit ideas. This may help until a proper Kerio personnel can comment about actual product features.

I don't believe there is any method through the GUI. As a Linux-based OS, you can do a lot of fun things. It just becomes an issue of support and whether you are willing to do things Kerio may not consider supportable.

I'll continue my advocacy of running a concurrent VM with Control to allow for a natural methodology for incorporating features that may not be easily supported in the Control framework. This is a challenge for hardware-based Control devices, but those using the software appliance, it can make the situation much easier to manage.
  •  
matthiawi

Thanks you for the quick reply

The Simplest on the dhcp server, right click under Add / Edit / Remove "WakeUp" done
  •  
silars

Make sure you use the submission tool. That's how they track feature requests. Forum recommendations normally just get lost.

./fa/3345/0/

•  
ICT and Me

I will support this request, because I have some customers who can't use W.O.L. when they have multiple LAN's divided by Control. Control don't allow usage of W.O.L. from the one to other LAN.

ICT and Me
Carlo Turk
The Netherlands
www.ictandme.nl
Previous Topic: connect with two port to kerio vpn server
Next Topic: https in Web Log
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Aug 24 05:17:34 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00455 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.