Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Optional Attendees not possible?
  •  
clan

Send a private message to this user
I used the Connect client on 8.2.2 for a change and noticed, that optional attendees to events don't seem to be possible. This seems strange to me, so I guess I missed something, or are optional invites really not supported?
  •  
Mark Price (Kerio)

Hi Clan

We've always used just 'attendee's' for any invited people to an event. We've not had an 'optional' option in either new or old webmail.

I hope this helps.

Mark Price
Kerio technical support.

Log Support Incidents here: http://www.kerio.com/support
Also, please use our KB: http://kb.kerio.com
  •  
clan

Mark Price (Kerio) wrote on Wed, 12 March 2014 16:39
We've always used just 'attendee's' for any invited people to an event. We've not had an 'optional' option in either new or old webmail.

Then I wonder what the button at the bottom of the selection box for an event is for (screenshot from 8.3 b4, old webmail).
I only noticed, because some of our users using the new client complained. Optional attendees are also possible in Outlook, Lotus and every other calendar client I know, not having it in the new client is just another reason to look for alternatives to Connect.

Quote:
I hope this helps.

No.

•  
Mark Price (Kerio)

Ah sorry about that, I blame the lack of coffee. thats the old webmail screen that I admit I'd forgotten was there!

Yes, old webmail still has this, but the new webmail client doesn't match the old in every aspect. I would use the feedback button in webmail and suggest this as a feature request.

I hope this helps.

Mark Price
Kerio technical support.

Log Support Incidents here: http://www.kerio.com/support
Also, please use our KB: http://kb.kerio.com
  •  
forum69

Hello,

I really don't understand why Kerio delivers new Kerio-connect version without porting all the fonctionnalities that existed in the old one.

We, clients, have to complain in the forum or directly to our reseller because of the suppression of functionnalities. The best example was the new webmail in its first version.

And the response is often the same : using the feature request button.

You should admit this is most than annoying for clients.
  •  
clan

Mark Price (Kerio) wrote on Thu, 13 March 2014 10:10

Yes, old webmail still has this, but the new webmail client doesn't match the old in every aspect. I would use the feedback button in webmail and suggest this as a feature request.

How many votes do we have, five? That doesn't seem to be enough if we have to create feature requests for every bit of standard functionality that was removed in the new client.

I just noticed that forwarding of events was also removed, there goes another vote.

Edit: I see it is 10 votes, but might still not be enough

[Updated on: Thu, 13 March 2014 14:25]

•  
Caribou

Same request here.

Used to work, and that feature is "lost" for end user.

Thank you for making this happen in the next release

Caribou

Caribou
Previous Topic: Manually update Spamassassin core rules
Next Topic: Log passwords for failed logins
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Oct 23 04:15:13 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00501 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.