Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » What's happening at 18:00? (Kerio Control drops at 18:00 daily)
  •  
nigelayres

Send a private message to this user
Our Control system (Hyper-V 2012) keeps dropping out. I've now noticed that it does this daily at 18:00. I can't see anything on the host which should cause this and the other guests on the same host (including an Operator installation) don't do this. From System Health on the Control, we see the following:

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3780/13130954515_a180807d9c.jpg
03022014 by nigelayres, on Flickr

So, the RAM just falls to zero unexpectedly and then everything recovers. All traffic is blocked while this happens though.

• Attachment: 03022014.png
    (Size: 17.34KB, Downloaded 181 times)

[Updated on: Thu, 13 March 2014 19:24]

•  
silars

Does System Center report anything abnormal at that time?
  •  
nigelayres

We're not using SC for this host, but there are no errors or warnings in its event log anywhere near that time.

•  
silars

Nothing of note in the Debug, Error, or Warning logs in Control? That graph would appear to suggest a crash of some sort.
  •  
nigelayres

There is plenty in there for after the crash, but nothing obvious before. It just looks as if everything restarts itself. I can see interfaces being re-initialised etc after, but nothing at all of note beforehand.
  •  
aholybee

are you having a failed backup with kerio at this time?
  •  
nigelayres

aholybee wrote on Tue, 18 March 2014 17:06
are you having a failed backup with kerio at this time?

That's a good point. I don't know precisely about the times, but the Samepage backups have been failing.

I'll fix that and see whether the problem disappears
  •  
nigelayres

I'm an idiot. It's DPM doing a saved state backup of the VM. Somehow it's been set for 18:00 rather than the middle of the night. I thought that I'd already checked this, but clearly not.

Thanks to everyone for your help.
  •  
aholybee

any easy fix is a good one in my book still trying to figure out my quirks.
  •  
aholybee

i have a postage machine that kerio will simply not let me get updated i have to carry the stupid thing and plug it directly into our modem and bypass kerio physically
Previous Topic: VPN Send All Traffic
Next Topic: CA Certificate marked as expired
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Oct 22 08:29:18 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00495 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.