Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Can't get faxes in
  •  
lclark

Send a private message to this user
Hi,
I'm trying to setup a fax on my KO. I'm using a Cisco "SPA112". The install went ok and I can send faxes out. I can also call into my system and the fax will answer. But when I try to send a fax in it never seems to even connect. I think the problem may be some incompatibility with my SIP provider "Flowroute" and either with the KO or I'm try to do this sending from EFax because that is my current fax provider. I don't have a mechanical fax handy to try. But my best guess is that Flowroute's implementation of the T.38 protocol may be incompatible or have I missed something? I'm sure the incoming fax calls never get to my fax machines but a call from a outside phone will. I'm thinking of trying another SIP provider for my fax line but thought I would you experts first.
Thanks.
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Hi,

please enable asterisk debug logs (both), start packet sniffer and send an inbound fax.

Filip
  •  
lclark

Thanks for you response Filip,
I did that but I can't tell much from the result myself. I think the remote fax is touching the system but isn't able to talk to the fax. I see it is trying. Now I did two things, I tried faxing to the fax extension using MyPhone and it worked. But it was VERY slow, like 5 minutes per page for a 3 page fax. So then I tried faxing the same to efax and it worked, but again it took a very long time. This is just 3 pages of PDF text, so not a big fax at all. I'm running the latest version of KO. Should I upload those files here?
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

You can email it directly to me <fjenicek<_at_>kerio.com> or upload it somewhere.
Previous Topic: Network design feedback for security
Next Topic: Yealink Expansion Module
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 19:46:11 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00404 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.