Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » restricted group of vpn users and power users
  •  
aholybee

Send a private message to this user
I have checked the forums and have not seen anyone have the same issue I have so i have a unrestricted group i have tried having the destination as any and as just having firewall. The second traffic rule is a restricted user group that only has access to view internal web pages on 2 servers. The third rule is for all vpn services. my problem is this

The restricted user group works great and i have tested it they are only able to access the internal web pages I want

My user is in the unrestricted list but for some reason i loose access to Kerio admin on pc that is on site even though in the group it is enabled and i have service set for any. any computer on different mask are unping-able as well. Stranger still if i log into kerio on my laptop using the very same user i can log in no problem. As soon as I take my user out of this group everything works locally but when i go home and try to remote in i of course can not because i have no vpn rules enabled any ideas?

•  
silars

Destination should be Any, instead of Firewall, for your Unrestricted VPN Users.
  •  
aholybee

yeah i have tried both ways and neither one worked currently i have to log into kerio from my laptop with the same user name and make changes.
  •  
silars

I don't know your network too well, but if you are only concerned about accessing Control admin, then Destination: Firewall should be fine. What wouldn't make sense then is the NAT'ing.

However, we may need to start seeing more rules to make sense of what may be going wrong.

In most networks, you would only be NAT'ing when traffic is headed for the Internet.

[Updated on: Tue, 18 March 2014 21:50]

•  
aholybee

I will give you a quick summary we got Kerio set up so i could remote in no restrictions worked grea, i am the only IT manager for a small business. Then I needed to setup a client with restricted access to 2 servers and 2 internal web pages when i set up the groups is what seemed to be the issue even though it says unrestricted and all rights are enable that rule blocks me from internet use when i remote in from home also can't get the admin i can vnc or rdp to other pcs to do maint but some are excluded. i can remote into 192.168.1.1 but i can't remote into 192.168.32.10 for example.
Previous Topic: Active Directory User Login Problem
Next Topic: Blocking HTTPS youtube
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Oct 19 07:28:26 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00417 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.